Hooking up new electric net fence to wired charger

vickivail98

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 12, 2010
Southern Michigan
Hello, I just got my new Electric net fence and I trying to figure out how to hook it properly to a wired charger. We inherited a charger that's installed in the barn already but I'm not sure how to run the power to the fence. One end of the fence is very near the barn for now, andI just snaked some insulated wire meant for underground use and used that as a hookup. So far the results are terrible. The fence is only mildly electrified, so little that the chickens are willing to tough it out to get through. Do I have a faulty charger, bad connections or am I doing the whole thing wrong? How do I tell? Thanks everyone!

Is your charger currently in use and connected to any other fencing? Is it properly grounded? Do you have a fence tester? I would first start by checking your charger to see if it's working properly. What type of net fencing do you have?

Your fence supplier should be able to tell you what type and strength of charger that's best for your fence; check with them first. You need a tester, and to test that old charger to see if it's working. Make sure it's on a surge protector too. Mary

Back
Top Bottom