Hoover’s Mystic Onyx

Pics

ladybrasa

Songster
Jun 13, 2020
Virginia, USA
https://hoovershatchery.com/mysticonyx.html

Hey, I remember reading threads here and there from last year or so about people getting mysterious but cute black-skinned chickens from their feed stores that carry chicks from Hoover’s Hatchery. I can’t remember the breed name they were being called. Anyway, Hoover’s has recently released their new breeds for 2021 and there is the “Mystic Onyx” hybrid! Derived from Silkies, standard size.

If my local TSC gets any in next year, I’d definitely be interested :D

https://hoovershatchery.com/mysticonyx.html

Hey, I remember reading threads here and there from last year or so about people getting mysterious but cute black-skinned chickens from their feed stores that carry chicks from Hoover’s Hatchery. I can’t remember the breed name they were being called. Anyway, Hoover’s has recently released their new breeds for 2021 and there is the “Mystic Onyx” hybrid! Derived from Silkies, standard size.

If my local TSC gets any in next year, I’d definitely be interested :D
Are you talking about the silkies used were standard sized, or the breed being standard sized?

Here is one I got from tractor supply this spring. She has black skin and extra toes like a silkie. But is huge, she is the size of my EE rooster! This picture doesn't do her justice. She is a stunning bird! She was marked as a southern rambler.
20201114_135455.jpg

Yes! That was the name. I am wondering if the Southern Ramblers people came across were really these Mystic Onyx they are marketing.

BTW, I just realized your pretty girl has a perfect pose, displaying her toes so nicely:love
She is so much nicer looking. Let me find a actual good picture of her! Thats was a gloomy day. Raining and everyone looked blahhh! Lol

Nice brown colored eggs! I had a rooster of this breed too. He had a crest and orange hackles growing in.
Oooh yeah! Definitely want one if they show up at my TSC! And yeah, based on description- it mentions having flares of orange and possible crests - the Ramblers are definitely these Onyx. I wonder if TSC will have chicks through the summer like this year? Corona chickens, round 2?

Back
Top Bottom