Hoover’s Mystic Onyx

So I went back to TSC tonight and spoke to the manager. He said they label them with whats listed on the shipping box (Rustic Ramblers). He confirmed they came from Hoovers. All are solid black with 5 toes
So I don't think Hoovers even has anything they call a Rustic Rambler. Those would be a Marans Mix from Freedom Ranger Hatchery that hoovers calls Midnight Majesty Marans.

So I find the labeling confusing. Hey important part is that you get nice healthy chicks.

So I don't think Hoovers even has anything they call a Rustic Rambler. Those would be a Marans Mix from Freedom Ranger Hatchery that hoovers calls Midnight Majesty Marans.

So I find the labeling confusing. Hey important part is that you get nice . I wasn't going to argue with the manager

You are correct they do not. Hoovers doesnt even have anything with rambler in the name on there site. I think the manager just wanted to be smarter than me. Im very pleased for the mistake. I just wish I knew the sex. They sure are growing alot faster than my other birds. Im assuming because they were originally breed for meat chickens. They seem a lot healthier to than the chicks I got from Rural King.

You are correct they do not. Hoovers doesnt even have anything with rambler in the name on there site. I think the manager just wanted to be smarter than me. Im very pleased for the mistake. I just wish I knew the sex. They sure are growing alot faster than my other birds. Im assuming because they were originally breed for meat chickens. They seem a lot healthier to than the chicks I got from Rural King.
My mystery chicks (thinking they're onyxs) are big growers too. Giants compared to standards the same age

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm starting a fibro flock this year and I think I'm going to get a batch of Mystic Onyxes along with some ACs. I just found them listed on the Hoover's Hatchery website and I'm not thrilled with the Silkie genetics they have, but I'm gonna try them out and see if I can't get some good stock. With a 20-chick order minimum I should get at least one good one...

I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm starting a fibro flock this year and I think I'm going to get a batch of Mystic Onyxes along with some ACs. I just found them listed on the Hoover's Hatchery website and I'm not thrilled with the Silkie genetics they have, but I'm gonna try them out and see if I can't get some good stock. With a 20-chick order minimum I should get at least one good one...
If they're what I have, they're very nice mixes. They're giants, no feathered feet and rather friendly in that humans are scary phase.

I've got pictures of my four on my chick thread. My hands are rather small for my age, but I have to use 2 to keep them somewhat secured

If they're what I have, they're very nice mixes. They're giants, no feathered feet and rather friendly in that humans are scary phase.

I've got pictures of my four on my chick thread. My hands are rather small for my age, but I have to use 2 to keep them somewhat secured
They are very large and fast growing mine are a month old know and I have to use 2 hands to keep them secured as well. I have fairly large hands compared to most people im 6'5" and I can palm A basketball . They are already larger then most adult game bantams I've owned. Im loving them though they are super friendly and coming up for treats when I go out

Attachments

• 20210414_084339.jpg
    20210414_084339.jpg
    706.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210414_084348.jpg
    20210414_084348.jpg
    775.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 20210414_084356.jpg
    20210414_084356.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50
They are very large and fast growing mine are a month old know and I have to use 2 hands to keep them secured as well. I have fairly large hands compared to most people im 6'5" and I can palm A basketball . They are already larger then most adult game bantams I've owned. Im loving them though they are super friendly and coming up for treats when I go out
We have 21 chicks total, 4 of them are the black onyx. 2 out of our onyx have gotten alot bigger than the others and they are constantly perking up and bumping chest. The other breeds we have do it from time to time but they run away from each other and it only last for a second. These 2 are constantly doing it. Do you think there roos? There almost 3 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom