Hoover’s new 2021 “Easter Eggers”

Pics
I ordered Easter Egger chicks from Tractor Supply last year. I saw them online and fell in love. They looked so cute with little chipmunk stripes. They arrived healthy and thrived so nicely. They are now 4 months old, kinda large (much larger than my 1 1/2 year old backyard mix hen) and don't look like the "typical" Easter Egger. All but one have tufts, like mohawks, none have beards or muffs or the thick like necks with these very yellow legs. They are very flighty but friendly except for one of my girls that scream when picked up lol. The wondering if I received this new hybrid I've been reading about, the Starlight Green Eggers. The pictures I've seen online and on Hoovers website look like my girls. I'll post picks first chance I get to see if anyone can confirm.

I ordered Easter Egger chicks from Tractor Supply last year. I saw them online and fell in love. They looked so cute with little chipmunk stripes. They arrived healthy and thrived so nicely. They are now 4 months old, kinda large (much larger than my 1 1/2 year old backyard mix hen) and don't look like the "typical" Easter Egger. All but one have tufts, like mohawks, none have beards or muffs or the thick like necks with these very yellow legs. They are very flighty but friendly except for one of my girls that scream when picked up lol. The wondering if I received this new hybrid I've been reading about, the Starlight Green Eggers. The pictures I've seen online and on Hoovers website look like my girls. I'll post picks first chance I get to see if anyone can confirm.
They could be mixed with Legbar, which would explain the mini-Mohawks. They sometimes get mixed in hybrid Egger hatches.

Here are picks of my Tractor Supply chicks in question. The smaller darker one isn't from there, she's my year and a half old hen that started my chicken passion lol.

Attachments

• 20240216_095048.jpg
    20240216_095048.jpg
    857.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240216_094732.jpg
    20240216_094732.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240216_094623.jpg
    20240216_094623.jpg
    907.1 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom