Hoover Hatchery Mix. What do I have here?

And then there’s this one, we’ll call #5. I thought she was an ISA but as she’s growing she’s got white feathers and is the largest chick in the brooder and doesn’t look like the ISAs at all. Also, I see her wattles already and haven’t noticed any on anyone else. 🤔
Adorable, hope it’s a pullet! Has a lovely comb starting ❤️

Hi! I ordered ISA brown/colored egg layer mix of chicks from TSC (Hoovers Hatchery). Definitely have 6 ISA browns (holy eggs Batman!) Curious (okay… obsessed) as to what these other cuties might be… they are definitely one of the following list:

Americana, Cuckoo Maran, French Black Cooper Maran, Midnight Majesty Maran, Olive Egger, Sapphire Olive Egger, Prairie Bluebell Egger, and Starlight Green Egger.

Chicks 1 and 2 definitely have some slight feathering down the legs!

Side note… very impressed that these 10 chicks did so well shipping in winter!
green 3 looks like a golden comet.

What did chick number 1 end up being?! I am playing the same game with my chicks from Rural King (Hoover’s) and have some I suspect are MMMs but have no idea!!
I sold her at 6 weeks. I *assume* she was a MMM that somehow got some silkie in her. She was extremely skittish even though I handled her daily, so I let her go.

Hi! I ordered ISA brown/colored egg layer mix of chicks from TSC (Hoovers Hatchery). Definitely have 6 ISA browns (holy eggs Batman!) Curious (okay… obsessed) as to what these other cuties might be… they are definitely one of the following list:

Americana, Cuckoo Maran, French Black Cooper Maran, Midnight Majesty Maran, Olive Egger, Sapphire Olive Egger, Prairie Bluebell Egger, and Starlight Green Egger.

Chicks 1 and 2 definitely have some slight feathering down the legs!

Side note… very impressed that these 10 chicks did so well shipping in winter!
3 looks like a starlight green Egger!

Your 1 and 2 look a lot like my midnight majesty marans (that were supposed to be sapphire gems)
1000005946.jpg

Back
Top Bottom