Hoovers Hatchery Assorted Color Layers

KBallyhoo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 16, 2018
Can yall help me identify these breeds? We got them back in June as chicks. Here are the options of what they said they could be..
You may receive any of the following breeds in this assortment: Americana, Olive Egger, Prairie Bluebell Egger®, Sapphire Olive Egger™, Starlight Green Egger™, Midnight Majesty Marans®, French Black Copper Marans, or Cuckoo Marans.

Thank you for any help!

Attachments

• IMG_9660.jpeg
    IMG_9660.jpeg
    919.3 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_9647.jpeg
    IMG_9647.jpeg
    611.6 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_9659.jpeg
    IMG_9659.jpeg
    685.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9657.jpeg
    IMG_9657.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 34
The first two are likely to be Starlight Green eggers. The barred one next is a cuckoo Marans, and the last one looks to be an olive egger.
Thank you. I thought the lighter one might be a starlight but the first just looked so different. Maybe it took on more of the Welsummer traits?
I assumed Cuckoo for the black and white but all my marans in the past have had feathered legs.
Sure would be nice if they told you what they sent haha.
I appreciate you taking the time to look at them.

Thank you. I thought the lighter one might be a starlight but the first just looked so different. Maybe it took on more of the Welsummer traits?
I assumed Cuckoo for the black and white but all my marans in the past have had feathered legs.
Sure would be nice if they told you what they sent haha.
I appreciate you taking the time to look at them.
I've seen many SGEs in here that looked just like the first two, so that's why I think they are that variety. Marans don't always have feathered legs, especially from hatcheries. Still should lay those dark brown eggs, though.

I totally agree they should include a list of the breeds they've sent. Why wouldn't they? It seems lazy to me.

Your Cuckoo Marans looks just like mine, who also has clean legs. I got her as a chick in mid-June as well, and she started laying for me on 11/19. She gives me near daily eggs with an occasional double yolker. Has yours started laying yet?

9BEBA32C-4378-4420-A0FF-2C49C1251655.jpeg 5A7CEDAB-FF98-4E48-935E-BDFDDA93415E.jpeg
Hers is the egg on the right, the other is from my Blue Cuckoo Marans. Almost identical in color.

Back
Top Bottom