Hoovers Hatchery?

Bcoz18

Songster
Apr 20, 2020
Saint Charles Missouri
I went to Rural King to purchase some chickens. They only had 2 breeds so I noticed that they use Hoover Hatchery. I went on the website and of course ordered 20 chickens. I ordered all female chickens. Now they will be here at the end of January. Here's my question. How certain that all 20 will be females? What happens If I get a rooster?
Has anyone ordered from there and got a unwanted rooster? Will they refund your couple bucks? I know they won't send a new one as it's alot to ship?

I ordered from there last year. Every gender was correct! I ordered 13 girls and 5 straight run. Of my straight runs I only had 2 males (sooo lucky!!). And all my girls were girls. I loved my experience with Hoover’s.

I went to Rural King to purchase some chickens. They only had 2 breeds so I noticed that they use Hoover Hatchery. I went on the website and of course ordered 20 chickens. I ordered all female chickens. Now they will be here at the end of January. Here's my question. How certain that all 20 will be females? What happens If I get a rooster?
Has anyone ordered from there and got a unwanted rooster? Will they refund your couple bucks? I know they won't send a new one as it's alot to ship?
Following cause I am thinking about ordering in spring

I know this is past now, but in case someone finds this in the future, in their catalog they guarantee 90% accuracy. I am getting 22 birds, so if I get more than 2 or 3 roosters (not sure if they round or not), I get to ask for the money back for any rooster over that.

I am guessing this 90% rule is for when they have off days, and that they are usually correct. Check their catalog if you see this years from now, they may change it.

I know this is past now, but in case someone finds this in the future, in their catalog they guarantee 90% accuracy. I am getting 22 birds, so if I get more than 2 or 3 roosters (not sure if they round or not), I get to ask for the money back for any rooster over that.

I am guessing this 90% rule is for when they have off days, and that they are usually correct. Check their catalog if you see this years from now, they may change it.
I know I have one rooster out of 7 and they gave me a new chick and money back since they couldn't take the rooster back since the avain flu is going around but there costumer service is awesome

It also sounds like hatcheries as a whole are more accurate with the easier to sex breeds, like barred rocks and sex-links, which makes sense. If you are someone who cannot have a rooster, maybe ordering those breeds would be more of a sure bet.

Back
Top Bottom