Hopefully getting chickens this fall!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ehoneybee, Apr 22, 2017.

1. ehoneybee

ehoneybee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2017
    Southern Berkshires, MA
    My family of 5 is moving to the country this summer due to job transfer and I'm finally going to get some chickens :). I am currently looking to see what the area allows in terms of size and roosters (Berkshire county, MA if anyone has some pointers). I am hoping to get a few acres of land and maybe get a few goats once I get my hands dirty with the chickens first :).

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Goats? Good luck, I got myself a goat, and he ate the siding of of my house and jumped on my truck. He was delicious.

3. ehoneybee

ehoneybee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2017
    Southern Berkshires, MA
    Ha ha! My friend just got 5, 2 week old kids and man are they cute. We had goats growing up and my favorite story is when we came back from town one day and they were jumping on our beds. I'm not a fan of goat meat but I would love a milking goat. That's an ambition for another day, though!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under ehoneybee [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - good luck with your plans for flock.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens. All I know about goats is they are escape artists and go wherever they please.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by