Hopefully the Last *UPDATED*

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by madamwlf, Feb 6, 2011.

1. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    After receiving 10 extra roosters with my McMurray order, I told my husband I needed another pen to raise them. He just rolled his eyes. [​IMG]

So I started looking for a new coop since I have no building skills and don't have the time to build anyway. Found this little darling up in PA. The guy said it was a discontinued playhouse and he had a few to get rid of. When we went to pick it up, he tried selling me the others for cheaper then this one. It's a 6x6 with 3 working windows and a split door. We're going to eventually put it on wheels to move it around. And I'm buying a 10x10 dog kennel for this coop. It will eventually be a bantam yard. So if you live in the Lancaster, PA area and looking for a cheap coop, let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Adorable! Mind if I ask how much you paid for it?

3. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    We paid $500 for this one because it was painted and had 3 windows. I thought that was a decent deal since most playhouses aren't cheap and neither are coops.

4. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    That is a deal! Congratulations----wish I lived closer.

5. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    That IS a deal. The cheapest I can find around here is about $1500, which I'm not spending. I'd snap one up if I could find it for that price.

6. MamaChic21

MamaChic21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Jackson, NJ
    COngrads [​IMG] That is one nice playhouse/coop I've ever seen [​IMG]

7. Chihuahuamom444

Chihuahuamom444 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Love It ! If you have his info I would love to see what he might charge to deliver, we have several people around here that sell these Amish sheds so maybe he could put one on the truck....they charge twice that or more here for those as well.

8. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Very good find! It looks great!

9. obaan1

obaan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Great Lakes State
    Keep us up updated with pictures. I'm looking forward to seeing it with the wheels and run installation attached. As they say -- "you done good".

10. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Quote:Will do. Just waiting for the snow to melt so we can get it into the yard. Then I need to pick up the kennel from TSC. Come on warm weather.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by