Hopefully this will slow down internet trolls

They knew what to do with this one, at least:

http://socialtimes.com/internet-troll-jail_b78165

ahhh that guy.
it really does head in that some people tried to portray him as a victim to because he has aspergers.
am living in residential care,have SMLD [severe multiple learning disability,which includes severe autism,learning disability and intelectual disability] and yet am not doing what he is doing to other people.
that is purely his personality being combined with the anonymity of the internet and people need to stop excusing peoples behavior because they have a condition.

duffys trolling campaigns on the internet were so widespread have wondered if he was the one that was also acutely bullied by-a person started copying information of mine off blog years ago and using the information to pose as someone on the same level of autism-[support staff of mine later said this was called grooming of a vulnerable adult],didnt realise what he was doing at the time and had eventualy become sort of friends with him,he pretended to be a girl and woud ask stuff all the time like what medication was on and what aids and adaptions were used for the autism and though did not recognise it at the time-was being totaly copied by him on the same forum and others ran by parents of disabled kids so he coud get attention.

he also began to bully at that point using sockpuppet accounts,he didnt like that was a member on there so was made to feel so rotten by him for months he used every weakness he had found out about,and above all he began to slander and threaten,he made vicious comments on youtube videos of mine-had found they were his because he slipped up and posted about it on a forum but had got rid of them at that point,had only made them to help people who wanted to understand makaton.

he made fun and light of the fact have come from a neglected and abused past,am also diagnosed with lifelong severe reactive attachment disorder because of that and he belittled every beating and every knife in face,everytime have been called a burden and how useless am,was broken by him.
he said was a spoilt little annoying brat that had grown up having everything done for self and am lucky did not have his experience of 'real' abuse.

he had manipulated his way onto the moderation team and managed to edit posts of his so it looked like was delusional [and was questioning self about it] and making up stuff about him.was completely ignored by the staff,he next began a campaign to remove low functioning autistics from the forum,he woud bully with one sockpuppet and ask on the blog how am feeling about the bullys comments and what did they say.
it was online friends who gave away what he was doing,but was totaly destroyed at that point; was suffering the effects of severe major depressive disorder and pyschosis-triggered as a direct result of his bullying,thought there were cameras in the built in lights and in the walls,thought family and support staff were there to harm and was very violent to them because was so fearing,plus had severe tactile and visual halucinations-was told by the doctor during an emergency visit woud have been sectioned that day if was not living in residential care.

family,the national autistic society and the current service am in now-fairfield residential all wanted to report it to the police and do an enquiry into it, because in this country it is taken very seriously against disabled vulnerable people,but have been completely against it due to the paranoia am left with.
had found out the reason am hated by him is because am severely disabled,and get access to a lot of needed support and services; thats it,pure toxic begrudgery.
and the reason he makes up disabilities,copies peoples experiences and continuously tries to steer attention onto himself is because he has borderline personality disorder,its the only disorder he has ever said he has which woud totaly agree with.

this is why am against cyber bullies and in fact have been making a cyber bullying website for the past week because there is absolutely no information on the cyberbullying of adults; in particular those of us with learning/intelectual disability as we are easier to target and dont have the skills to deal with them.
the government shoud make it clear its cyber bullies they are after and not run of the mill trolls who do not target people in the way people like duffy did,they also do not carry out such toxic campaigns towards individuals,as far as understand its purely about in the moment personal entertainment for them,and any troll who says they like causing mental distress to people and its their right under free speech-arent trolls,theyre cowardly bullies with pyschopathic tendencies hiding under a harmless label.

anyway sorry for very long post,if anyone wants a good read about a major big time troll getting their come uppance [and not before long due to reddit staff being mates of his] ,have a read of this article-
http://www.gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-violentacrez-the-biggest-troll-on-the-web

Last edited:
They knew what to do with this one, at least:
http://socialtimes.com/internet-troll-jail_b78165
I don't approve of mocking the death of someone, nor the act of harassing the family and friends left behind.

I however question the line in the sand that determines who is fair game for postmortem harassment and who is not. Many are shocked an appalled when a teen's death is turned into a joke, but those same people may join in on bashing the death of a celebrity or political figure. I don't see what makes them different, what makes one more deserving of respect over another.
Micheal Jackson's death brought about a huge amount of crude and terrible things said against him, and to his family in their time of grief. Yet, no one was arrested or jailed for that. Do they not get the right to grieve in peace because of allegations against him?
Along the same vein, if we're going to arrest people for being offensive to those who are grieving, why do we let the Westboro group remain ever vigilant in their ugly protests of soldiers funerals?

Because we're guaranteed the right to speak as we wish. We're given the freedom to say what we feel, even if it may offend and infuriate.
I understand that the cited case is in the UK and their laws are quite different, but if we're going to start imposing the same laws here, then they should be applied evenly. But we all know they won't be, laws deciding what's offensive and what isn't will become muddled, vague and applied to suit the desires of those in control.
Any type of opinion post can be deemed offensive to those who don't share the same mindset. Politics, diet, education, religion, heck, preferred comic books and movies can set people off into name calling and harassment. Will we really allow these people to be arrested and stuff our already crowded jails with people who did no more than offend another?

If someone is deliberately stalking and ruthlessly harassing another without cease, then by all means take some type of legal action, but do not leave the door wide open to allow prosecution of any kind of offense or annoyance.

Last edited:
I don't approve of mocking the death of someone, nor the act of harassing the family and friends left behind.

I however question the line in the sand that determines who is fair game for postmortem harassment and who is not. Many are shocked an appalled when a teen's death is turned into a joke, but those same people may join in on bashing the death of a celebrity or political figure. I don't see what makes them different, what makes one more deserving of respect over another.
Micheal Jackson's death brought about a huge amount of crude and terrible things said against him, and to his family in their time of grief. Yet, no one was arrested or jailed for that. Do they not get the right to grieve in peace because of allegations against him?
Along the same vein, if we're going to arrest people for being offensive to those who are grieving, why do we let the Westboro group remain ever vigilant in their ugly protests of soldiers funerals?

Because we're guaranteed the right to speak as we wish. We're given the freedom to say what we feel, even if it may offend and infuriate.
I understand that the cited case is in the UK and their laws are quite different, but if we're going to start imposing the same laws here, then they should be applied evenly. But we all know they won't be, laws deciding what's offensive and what isn't will become muddled, vague and applied to suit the desires of those in control.
Any type of opinion post can be deemed offensive to those who don't share the same mindset. Politics, diet, education, religion, heck, preferred comic books and movies can set people off into name calling and harassment. Will we really allow these people to be arrested and stuff our already crowded jails with people who did no more than offend another?

If someone is deliberately stalking and ruthlessly harassing another without cease, then by all means take some type of legal action, but do not leave the door wide open to allow prosecution of any kind of offense or annoyance.

I think you are referring to what is commonly known as the harassment law. It provides that, if someone complains three times to the police that an identified person is harassing him and he feels intimidated, the alleged culprit can be arrested and detained pending a Court hearing. I'm not sure what the range of possible punishments is but they will include an order to stop whatever it is they are doing. A simple warning from the police is often sufficient. Applying even this simple law to the internet must be fraught with problems in many cases. Several other laws may be used, depending on the nature of the offence, including defamation and invasion of privacy. As far as I know, none of the laws are seen, so far, as a restriction on the right to legitimate free speech.

I guess I'm guilty of electronic bullying, sort of.

I was once living in a small apartment complex. Two washers and one dryer, but it was okay; mostly college students and only 32 apartments. Well, first one of the washers quit, than the dryer and finally the second washer bit the dust. I complained to the management with no repairs taking place for about 3 months. The manager told me who the company was that provided the washers, and the next time we went to the nearest laundromat (it was a rainy Sunday) I noticed it was the same company. That was when I figured out why the washers and dryer weren't getting repaired. Not only did it cost more at the laundromat, they didn't have to share with the apartment owners. I called the number to report that you had a problem and the following conversation ensued:
Guess who was there repairing what by the time I got home.

My point is that sometimes what appears to be bullying is the result of frustration, and yes, this is a true story.

Back
Top Bottom