Hoping for a roo! lmbo :)

katydidit

In the Brooder
8 Years
Feb 10, 2011
So I wandered into TSC today (mistake numero uno) and picked up a bunch of unnecessary things (as usual)... and they just got in a shipment of their "featured breed"- welsummers! darn!

I live in the city that has a strict "4 hen maximum" law, and unfortunately, my two EE's, delaware and BA are my max... I cant help but hope that one or two end up roos so that in a few weeks I can start the whole chick process all over again
ya.gif

And no worries, I have plenty of friends in the country who would be more than willing to take a cockeral off my hands if that happens, lol. Anyone else ever hope that they have a roo for this reason or am i completely cuckoo???

You need a lesson in chicken math.

EEs don't count. Everyone knows they aren't real chickens.

Delawares only count in Delaware.

So you need to get more. since you only have 1.

Imp- treat that "4 hen maximum" as a "4 hen minimum"

What I want to know, and it wasn't clear from your message, is if you BOUGHT some Welsummers, or are just hoping to get some later..... Trust me, Welsummers aren't available for long in feed stores!

I must correct Imp's assertion about how many chickens you currently possess: None. Chicks don't count until they grow up. You have NO chickens yet.

<*dimpling prettily*>

Quote:
clap.gif
Loved the lesson from Imp, finally someone has chicken math figured out. My new fuzzys should be here Sunday morning,
I only remember ordering 25 but the e mail listed 75. Don't know where I screwed that one up, but I did go to public school and a 2 and 7 do look close so might have been my boo boo
wink.png

Quote:
so funny. i am hoping a few of mine are roos since i have more eggs in the bator and want to keep some of them too. i am only allowed 4 hens also and am having trouble deciding if i want nice friendly chickens or stand offish chickens with really cool egg colors!!! think i'm going to go with nice chickens.
clap.gif

ok...this is good. I technically have 16, but only allowed 8 (& no roos).

4 are EE's, so they don't count...6 are 2 weeks old, so they don't count either...1 is a roo (so he's not really a chicken)...

and the rest are only 27 weeks old, so not really chickens, but pullets....so I have no chickens.

So where did all this poop come from? And why do I keep buying these worms???
idunno.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom