Hoping to buy property in Mesa, AZ

annekaelber

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 11, 2010
Mesa, AZ
Hello all!

I'm brand new to BYC and hoping to soon join the ranks of backyard coop keeping. We've been in Arizona since 1999, with a two-year "exile" to South Carolina (no disrespect to SC'ers -- just not our cup of tea! *smile*). We're about to go see a house we love, for the second time, and I'm already imagining chickens and a coop. I've got a *lot* of steps to get through before we get to that point (starting with making an actual offer on the house!).

I'm looking forward to reading all there is to absorb here. I'm one of four adults in our household, with two of us being somewhat physically disabled. I'm really hoping I can handle the physical requirements of hen-keeping. I don't think I'll be allowed to keep roosters, but I'm still investigating R1-6 zoning and what that means in Mesa, Arizona.

Besides an interest in providing more of my family's needs from our own land, I'm an avid knitter. I just turned 40 this year and I'm planning to spend this fall studying for the GRE, so I can apply to graduate school for my Master's in Architecture. Our inside animals are cats and ferrets, though I hope to get my first corn snake once we are in our own house finally.

I'm a big reader -- mostly science fiction and fantasy -- and I also love to listen to audiobooks while I knit. I'm a lapsed geek. I get together with friends every couple of weeks for roleplaying games.

That's kinda of the general summary about me. I'm eager to dive in and start reading, so I'll leave it at that.

Anne.

welcome-byc.gif
from GA

We are in Mesa and have done the research..... up to 10 hens within city limits but no roosters. Also be sure to check to see if you will have a Home Owner's Association. Sometimes they will have restrictions on animals. Welcome back to Arizona!!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom