hoping to re-home a young red golden male pheasant in California

BlueHeaven21

Hatching
May 9, 2021
Howdy, good pheasant folk!

My sister has been taking care of a rescued young male red golden pheasant but can no longer keep him, because she is moving across country to a rental property with no yard. She is looking for a new home for him. He is in northern CA.

Does anyone know of anyone in Northern or Central California who might be willing to take this sweet young male? He would ideally go to someone who is knowledgeable about red golden pheasants and has a suitable enclosure (not tiny), where he can either be on his own, or with a few female red golden pheasants (or female pea hens, as male red goldens can live amicably with those, too). Ideally he could have some company, either with females, or be able to see other pheasants.

We don’t know his exact age, but he seems to be very healthy. She isn’t sure about whether he can breed.

Thanks for letting me know if you know of anyone, or have suggestions for someone she can talk with about taking him in. He’s a sweet little guy!

Many thanks!

Do you have any photos? Peasants are beautiful! I hope you find him a home!
Try posting in your state thread. Hit "forums", then go to the "Where am I, Where are you?" forum. Theres a stick thread list at the top, and thread called "find your state thread". Click that, and scroll through the list to find California. Hopefully you'll get more inquiries there! Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom