Horray.....My chicks have hatched

chickenmamatoo

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 24, 2008
Hi,

I wanted to share that my first set of eggs this year hached over the last few days. I set 15 Plymouth Bard Rocks crosses 13 of those have hatched. Yippeeeeeeee! They started hatching on day 19....most hatched on day 19 and 20....one hatched on day 21 and one yesterday on day 22. The 2 that have not hatched.......what should I do about them. They have not pipped and I don't hear anything. Should I wait another day or 2?

I also set another 11 eggs from my flock. They are now on day 17. I hope I have as many hatch from this group as the first group.

Thanks for allowing me to share. I am delighted.

wee.gif
ya.gif

I just read this and I see you, too, had a chick hatch on day 19. He turned out healthy and okay? I guess they come as close to day 21 as the feel like. Can't wait to get home and see my little guy again and see the progress from the other pipper! I feel better now.

All of them seem healthy. The one that hatched yesterday ( day 22) is smaller than the others but some of them are already 3 days older than her. I am calling them all hers at this point. I am hopeful and trying to will them to be girls! Ha ha!

I am going to try to post some pics.....I am not sure how to though.

Back
Top Bottom