Horrible day, I just want to give up sometimes

Quote:

*sigh* never mind..
yes, i'm sure that he was only kidding around...

Last edited:
Quote:
WHAT??!! Are you kidding?? You can get in trouble for this?? how?? I cant even believe...
barnie.gif
he.gif

No, I'm not kidding. I left 4 students alone in my classroom, even though the door was open, I shouldn't have done that. I was called to another fight and thought since it was a group I trusted they would be ok for 5 or 10 minutes, I was wrong.

Gosh WoW, Sorry you are going through this. In my day if I caused trouble for a teacher I would have gotten detention for a month, and would have done it standing up after mom caught me.

Just doesn't seem right. You didn't do it. Sometimes life stinks.

Imp

Quote:
jeeze man thats takin it a little far considering you were my age at one time
roll.png

I don't think I would "fret" over it very much. Truth is...: "kids" FIGHT. It is part of the "learning process". Generally, we don't learn from our successes.......we learn from our failures. "Kids" , just like "grown-ups" NEED to make mistakes...that's how we learn.

I think that a slight punishment (restriction or ?) is in order...but not to be over-done or brushed-aside.

just my 2 pesos worth,
wink.png

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

(Father of 4 "grown" kids.........mostly sane.)

As a person I like to think that if it was my son I could look at your situation and say "You had to choose between a child you KNOW was in trouble and ones that you trusted that were NOT. You made the right choice in going to help the hurting child." But, I am human and a very protective parent and if it was my kid involved I can't swear that I'd be that logical about it... at least not on first hearing about it.

Down here if there's a scuffle BOTH parties are punished. To the point that once my sister and brother were arguing VERBALLY in the front yard and the cranky neighbor called the cops (mind you this is like 4pm, not 4am so it wasn't a noise violation or anything) and told them the were 'fighting'. The cops arrived and ticketed them BOTH for fighting. Quite a large fine actually. It didn't matter that they hadn't exchanged blows, that friends in the yard said as much, that physically neither was in any way scuffed up. All that mattered was that one crotchety woman SAID they were "fighting" so they assumed violence and punished accordingly. If that girl gets cited for that it will follow her. It will effect her college applications, acceptance, scholarships, future job applications, and so on. Right now I doubt his parents are thinking about that, maybe they never would, some are horribly hateful that way. If the dad is half as macho as he sounds then odds are he wants her punished for 'unmanning' his son more than anything. If he instigated this girl, then he deserved what he got, IMHO. If you truly feel he is lying, then be 100% honest about your suspicions. Tell the TRUTH. Cite examples of his fibbing in the past and let those in charge take it from there. That's really all you can do. Oh, and I'd keep an eye on that little bugger too. In my experience there isn't much worse than a sawed off little jerk who's looking to prove his manhood. OY VEY they can be real terrors. Most of them grow out of it, but some do not. Some, if not corrected, only escalate the behavior as they grow older. For that reason alone I'd be keeping an eye. Phew that ended up a ramble, sorry. You sound like a good teacher with a good heart and a strong conscience, you'll know what you need to do. *hug*

As a proud mother of a sixth grade boy, who is an honor roll, boy scout, I know all twelve year old boys are louts and all twelve year old girls are mysteries. If my son came home with that story, the first question I would ask is "what did you do to her?" In no way would I blame the teacher. By sixth grade you should be able to leave a small group of children alone, particularly if they are a known quantity.

People routinely have 12 year olds babysit, they are generally allowed to be home alone and can be trusted for small jobs. A teacher who's kids do something stupid whould not be blamed, or feel guilty. WoW, cut yourself a break, any reasonable administration and parents shouldn't be out for blood. Hope your administration fits the bill.

Quote:

*sigh* never mind..
yes, i'm sure that he was only kidding around...

lau.gif

he he
That should have been "STUPID people shouldn't breed"
hide.gif

I 'fergot' a word...
LOL

and Yes, BOTH lines are joking. NO I don't really beleive ALL kids are brain damaged...
lau.gif

Quote:
jeeze man thats takin it a little far considering you were my age at one time
roll.png

What???
I had a full time job by the time I was nine.....
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom