HORRIBLE UPDATE...New foster kitten:)

jojo@rolling acres farm :

Such a shame - I'm so sorry for your loss! She was a really beautiful little girl with a cute personality.

As far as cleaning goes - how about using a kennel type disenfectatant in a carpet cleaner? You could also use the attachments to shampoo your furniture. Such a bummer that you need to do all the disenfecting but you'll fell better about keeping your original cat in your home once everything is cleaned.

What did the vet say about your original cat - can you vaccinate against the virus now? Will it offer any protection after the fact?

Holding good thoughts and sending them your way. Keep us all posted.

Joni

fl.gif
my older cat doesn't get it. She just got her booster shots (including "P" for panleukopenia) the day we got the kitten. She usually an outside cat because she loves to sleep with the dogs
roll.png
There is a very slight chance she could get it, but I really hope the booster and her residual immunity from her prior vaccinations will protect her.

So far I've only found info that virkron (spelling?) and bleach is proven to kill the virus but both yellow or bleach fabric
sad.png

My DH thinks we could just get some older kittens that are already vaccinated in a month or two, but I think I want to wait until next year. My kids are upset even though the "official story" is that the kitten is too young and needs to go back to stay with the momma cat to learn how to eat. My daughter (4yrs) is still crying about my 12 year old cat that died a few weeks ago. So, we told them a little white lie to make the loss of the kitten a bit easier.

Trisha​

I'm so sorry for your losses of your older cat and your kitten
hit.gif

Such a young Beautiful kitten, but at least she knew love before she had to be put to sleep.

I will keep your other cat in my prayers, and hope she doesn't get it.

Back
Top Bottom