Horrifying-Chicken in Engine

TheNat

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Santa Fe, New Mexico
I posted earlier that my dogs killed 2 of my chickens this week. A third was missing and I was hoping that she was hiding somewhere scared and would come home. Well, we found her this afternoon. It looks like she tried to hide by crawling up into the engine of my car. I've been driving around with a dead chicken in my engine for 3 days and yesterday started noticing a bad smell, which I figured was probably mice trying to nest under the hood. I am absolutely sick about this. I have no idea how the chicken managed to crawl up there and I feel horrible about this. I cried a little this afternoon and just wanted to vent to people who would understand.
sad.png

hugs.gif
I have had that happen with cats in the winter....it always makes you feel absolutely sick. I am so so sorry.

Oh man.. that's terrible. Sorry to hear of your loss and then having to see it.

Now I'm gonna have to always check under the hood before leaving home.

You poor thing! One thing - the chicken probably never realized what hit her and most likely didn't suffer. I know that isn't much consolation.

hugs.gif
Happened to me while visiting my mother years ago; I was lucky (and so was the cat) in that he survived, but lost his tail and a bit of hide. But NOBODY would have ever thought of a chicken climbing up under there. Put it out of your head...

Back
Top Bottom