Horse Lovers Thread

Do you own any? Or have you just met some?
I have never had the opportunity to meet any.
Oh I wish I owned one! I had a great privilege of riding a lovely green broke gelding that impressed me so much! I would love to own one-- I'm in my research stage right now. I'm not sure if I want a weanling (which is more reasonably priced) or an adult, trained horse.

Oh I wish I owned one! I had a great privilege of riding a lovely green broke gelding that impressed me so much! I would love to own one-- I'm in my research stage right now. I'm not sure if I want a weanling (which is more reasonably priced) or an adult, trained horse.
Please send pics if you get one. They are one of my favorite breeds I adore them SO much😻

I have a thoroughbred, she’s my best friend and my only horse. She’s only 6 years old and is super smart and sweet. She’s still learning to bow so it’s hard to get a pic of her real bow. In these first pics there’s nobody riding her, she just got done with riding.
F0E37F43-8486-461C-BEC9-D6816FF5FA90.jpeg
30F2863A-1F42-437F-925C-2D5929009699.jpeg
399E4B64-11D3-4FD1-A9A7-4B838BC21AFD.jpeg
BAB164D9-A56A-45AE-8290-3C5553672012.jpeg
1D8B4B2C-4480-4666-8F3F-9FD86C900947.jpeg
EEE33224-EAB2-4845-A5CF-F4E0424DDCE4.jpeg

What saddles do you guys ride in? Any english riders out there? I ride in a Ghost saddle, which is an elevated english saddle, that is SUPER comfortable for the horse, light weight, and puts hardly any pressure, or discomfort on the horses back, withers, and no contact with the horses sides. It will fit ANY breed, space and size of horse, because the foam panels, or shims on the sides and of the saddle, attach with velcro, and can be removed, and moved around the base of the saddle, to adjusts fit. It is also NOT at all binding! The panels, sit directly across from each other, on either side of the spine, and don't go down the whole side of the horse, so it doesn't bind the shoulders. It succeeds the rigidity test, and is really comfortable on the horses back. I LOVE my Ghost, and my Misty loves it to, since every other western/english saddle I have ridden her in, was either tight, or binding. I would suggest a Ghost to everyone who rides horses in this thread! A few links to give you more info! https://www.statelinetack.com/item/tough1-1200d-snuggit-turnout-300g/E005430/
https://www.badlandsequine.com/fitting-a-ghost
The second link, is the Washington dealer, rather then all the other websites, are shipped from the UK. Explore the second link to, to give you more info. If you are looking to buy one, go to, model overview, and pricing, and then call the lady who sells them, ask about the inventory, and you can even rent a saddle to try on your horse to see what you think! for the number, just look up, badlands equine number! I mean it, your horse will REALLY appreciate this saddle!

What saddles do you guys ride in? Any english riders out there? I ride in a Ghost saddle, which is an elevated english saddle, that is SUPER comfortable for the horse, light weight, and puts hardly any pressure, or discomfort on the horses back, withers, and no contact swift the horses sides. It will fit ANY breed, space and size of horse, because the foam panels, or shims on th episodes of the saddle, attach with velcro, and can be removed, and moved around the base of the saddle, to adjusts fit. It is also NOT at all binding! The panels, sit directly across each other, on either side of the spine, and don't go down the whole side of the horse, which binds the shoulders. It succeeds the rigidity test, and is really comfortable on the horses back. I LOVE my Ghost, and my Misty loves it to, since every other western/english saddle I have ridden her in, was either tight, or binding. I would suggest a Ghost to everyone who rides horses in this thread! A few links to give you more info! https://www.statelinetack.com/item/tough1-1200d-snuggit-turnout-300g/E005430/
The second link, is the Washington dealer, rather then all the other websites, are shipped from the UK. Explore the second link to, to give you more info. If you are looking to buy one, go to, model overview, and pricing, and then call the lady who sells them, ask about the inventory, and you can even rent a saddle to try on your horse to see what you think! for the number, just look up, badlands equine number! I mean it, your horse will REALLY appreciate this saddle!
That is really interesting. I ride western, I really want to learn English but it’s hard because of COVID.

What saddles do you guys ride in? Any english riders out there? I ride in a Ghost saddle, which is an elevated english saddle, that is SUPER comfortable for the horse, light weight, and puts hardly any pressure, or discomfort on the horses back, withers, and no contact swift the horses sides. It will fit ANY breed, space and size of horse, because the foam panels, or shims on th episodes of the saddle, attach with velcro, and can be removed, and moved around the base of the saddle, to adjusts fit. It is also NOT at all binding! The panels, sit directly across each other, on either side of the spine, and don't go down the whole side of the horse, which binds the shoulders. It succeeds the rigidity test, and is really comfortable on the horses back. I LOVE my Ghost, and my Misty loves it to, since every other western/english saddle I have ridden her in, was either tight, or binding. I would suggest a Ghost to everyone who rides horses in this thread! A few links to give you more info! https://www.statelinetack.com/item/tough1-1200d-snuggit-turnout-300g/E005430/
I ride mostly western with some english and jumping, I would like to get better at jumping but my horse is lazy and prefers western. Those saddles sound neat I'll have to look into them.

Last edited:
That is really interesting. I ride western, I really want to learn English but it’s hard because of COVID.
I didn't want to lear english, because I always pictured english riding as in an arena, doing shows, and since I am not at all into shows, and only ride trails, and race cars in the fields, I decided not to. Well. when Misties saddle stopped fitting, I turned to an english saddle, because it fit her better, but still no great. I rode in a very little elevated bare back pad for a while, but is was basically a foam bareback pad with a seat, and I put so much pressure on her spine, since it was foam. I tired to a Ghost, and haven thad any issues since! I love it, she loves it, and I can totally see a difference in how she rides, runs, and jumps natural objects! She seems to much happier!

I didn't want to lear english, because I always pictured english riding as in an arena, doing shows, and since I am not at all into shows, and only ride trails, and race cars in the fields, I decided not to. Well. when Misties saddle stopped fitting, I turned to an english saddle, because it fit her better, but still no great. I rode in a very little elevated bare back pad for a while, but is was basically a foam bareback pad with a seat, and I put so much pressure on her spine, since it was foam. I tired to a Ghost, and haven thad any issues since! I love it, she loves it, and I can totally see a difference in how she rides, runs, and jumps natural objects! She seems to much happier!
I will definitely look into getting one. First I need to actually know how to ride English though.

I will definitely look into getting one. First I need to actually know how to ride English though.
Cherokee will appreciate it! English is really easy to learn, its just more squeezing, and you have to really squeeze you legs to hold yourself up, because in riding, you need to squeeze to hold yourself of the saddle while posting, because otherwise, it pulls the saddle down on the withers, and hurts the horses back. But, the knee blocks on the Ghost, help you squeeze and hold yourself up, so it makes it easier. Otherwise, as long as you are a balanced rider, I was loping again after the first day of riding in it! Running, and racing cars mater of fact!

Back
Top Bottom