Horse Lovers Thread

My sister had a pony growing up. I don't really care for horses and they don't like me. I have gotten along with mules though.

We had a friend who had a few horses, my DH and I went to go pet the horses, one went right to my husband and ignored me.

My Chinese zodiac is a horse though.

I love horses. I don't have any of my own. :(
I have friends that have horses though, and I took a summer of lessons.
This is my friend's POA. I love her. She's the sweetest. I think she's 6.
20201108_162840.jpg
20201108_163354.jpg
20201108_165204.jpg

And this is one of their other horses. He's super sweet.
20201108_165612~2.jpg
20201108_170210~2.jpg

Oh I wish I owned one! I had a great privilege of riding a lovely green broke gelding that impressed me so much! I would love to own one-- I'm in my research stage right now. I'm not sure if I want a weanling (which is more reasonably priced) or an adult, trained horse.
An adult, trained! Unless you have some serious experience, or have a trainer you are willing to pay to work with you get one already trained and grown.

I honestly prefer western. I’ve rode in a English saddle for fun once and it was way more uncomfortable and I felt less in control. I would love to learn English though. I also like the look and variety of western saddles. My saddle in this pic doesn’t look good because it was just for a pic lol.
F0130F52-B0FE-44A5-8468-E22029F31B61.jpeg

I honestly prefer western. I’ve rode in a English saddle for fun once and it was way more uncomfortable and I felt less in control. I would love to learn English though. I also like the look and variety of western saddles. My saddle in this pic doesn’t look good because it was just for a pic lol.View attachment 2404491
I rode Western for ever, but once I got in a english saddle, I felt so much more free. SO much more connected to the horse, and I knew my horse liked it better, because it was less binding. There are Ghost western saddles too, just a bit more expensive!

Back
Top Bottom