Horse mats for floor of coop?

Good School! My son goes to Winona State he is a freshman. Then we have Chloe who will be 11 next month.
from what I understand mini donkeys love purple thistle flowers and alot of other things other animals wont eat. They are so cute! Remind me of my preteen daughter, she kinda has the Eeyore mindset! HA
what animals do you have? How many chickens?
First timer for me with anything other than a dog or cat. My daughter had pet mice which is funny as now on the farm we are trying to get rid of them. Something ate a whole 10week pound bad of potatoes out of our machine shed the first week we were here.

from what I understand mini donkeys love purple thistle flowers and alot of other things other animals wont eat. They are so cute! Remind me of my preteen daughter, she kinda has the Eeyore mindset!
what animals do you have? How many chickens?
One dozen chickens from Ideal Poultry. ALL GIRLS.
celebrate.gif
3 house cats. Undesirable NON pets: House/field/barn mice and voles. An ermine last fall (caused me to put hardware cloth under the mats), a fox last summer. What with the barns not being in great shape and now the structural problems we have found in the house (covered over with lipstick and petticoats by prior owners) more animals will have to wait. It is enough that my wife puts up with me getting the chickens since she has to help take care of them
smile.png

Bruce

My husband caved on the chickens! We moved in November can't wait to see what is all out here for both wildlife and landscaping! Our barn was retinned in 2009 and seems very sound although I have not been up in the loft. My husband says there is a room with a rocking chair--either kinda spooky or someones get away hideout.HA I am getting 15 Buff Orpington pullets and one Buff Orpington Rooster from Murray McMurray the second week of May. Should I have gotten another rooster? I picked Orpingtons because they are noted sitters and mothers and I plan to increase my flock by momma hatching. Is fifteen females to many for one rooster to get fertile eggs? Was planning on 10keeping females but they had a fifteen minimum order.

My husband caved on the chickens!

He secretly wants chickens too
wink.png

My husband says there is a room with a rocking chair--either kinda spooky or someones get away hideout.
We ended up with "free stuff too" Lots of old XC skis and poles. A rusty old bike frame - no wheels, rusty old wheel rims, etc. Plus what I think would be a pretty nice upright grand piano if I had $15 to $20K to get it fixed up.

Is fifteen females too many for one rooster to get fertile eggs?
I know nothing about breeding chickens but from what I have read the problems happen when there are too FEW hens per rooster. I gather the randy boys keep quite busy. Plus, since a hen can potentially hatch dozens of chicks in a year, you might not want them all bringing up babies anyway.

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom