Horse Talk

Pics
How pretty
1f61b.png

What's his name?
I've seen so many awesome horses for sale lately, makes me wish I had 100 acres and was rich, I'd be totally fine with owning about 20 horses lol

So a few days ago I came across this beautiful red dun quarter horse yearling for sale, and I gotta say, if I had my own place I would have snatched him up immediately, I loved everything about him. But anyways, I gawked for a few minutes and showed my mom because I mean he was so cute I had to show someone lol! And then I moved on becuase I know I don't need to buy another horse for no reason right now, and I still have to keep my horses at my grandpas for a couple more months. WELL. Yesterday I saw a fantastic looking red dun stallion standing at stud, a few hours from where I live, and I got excited again, and showed my mom again (yes, she gets annoyed with my horse talk) and then moved on yet again, because I really had/have my heart set on breeding June to HF Mobster, IF I breed her at all, but then I saw the ad again today (someone shared it on Facebook) so I went to the the lady's page who owns the stud. And he's the full brother to that beautiful yearling. Well this got me all excited again, so I looked up the pedigree to the stud and started researching his bloodlines, and now I'm even more excited. He's got (from what I can tell) pretty good lines. And there's lots of reiners in his lines, which is what June has in hers. So here I am, looking at this beautiful stud, and he's got the looks, he's got the bloodlines, he's got a reasonable price, and he's only 4 hours from me. Sooo, I couldn't help myself, and I went to the color calculater website and put in homozygous red dun (which is what he is) and palomino (marked unknown on agouti, etc.) and the ONLY two colors it says are possible from that combination are red dun and dunalino, two of my very favorites. So if you can't tell where I'm going with this already, I'm considering putting him on my very short list of potentional stallions, if I decide to breed June. Of course, I want to know what his personality is like, find out his height, and get some opinions on his conformation, but I really like his build, color, and that his bloodlines compliment June, and it's a huge plus that he's reasonably priced and fairly local. Anyways, here he is, and here's his papers. Thoughts and opinions?

My new hunk. He's not sound, but I'm hoping it is just because he was kicked in the leg and then run through a fence at his last home. Fingers are crossed that it is temporary and he'll be sound soon!
:love
How pretty
1f61b.png
What's his name? I've seen so many awesome horses for sale lately, makes me wish I had 100 acres and was rich, I'd be totally fine with owning about 20 horses lol
lol same here...

So a few days ago I came across this beautiful red dun quarter horse yearling for sale, and I gotta say, if I had my own place I would have snatched him up immediately, I loved everything about him. But anyways, I gawked for a few minutes and showed my mom because I mean he was so cute I had to show someone lol! And then I moved on becuase I know I don't need to buy another horse for no reason right now, and I still have to keep my horses at my grandpas for a couple more months. WELL. Yesterday I saw a fantastic looking red dun stallion standing at stud, a few hours from where I live, and I got excited again, and showed my mom again (yes, she gets annoyed with my horse talk) and then moved on yet again, because I really had/have my heart set on breeding June to HF Mobster, IF I breed her at all, but then I saw the ad again today (someone shared it on Facebook) so I went to the the lady's page who owns the stud. And he's the full brother to that beautiful yearling. Well this got me all excited again, so I looked up the pedigree to the stud and started researching his bloodlines, and now I'm even more excited. He's got (from what I can tell) pretty good lines. And there's lots of reiners in his lines, which is what June has in hers. So here I am, looking at this beautiful stud, and he's got the looks, he's got the bloodlines, he's got a reasonable price, and he's only 4 hours from me. Sooo, I couldn't help myself, and I went to the color calculater website and put in homozygous red dun (which is what he is) and palomino (marked unknown on agouti, etc.) and the ONLY two colors it says are possible from that combination are red dun and dunalino, two of my very favorites. So if you can't tell where I'm going with this already, I'm considering putting him on my very short list of potentional stallions, if I decide to breed June. Of course, I want to know what his personality is like, find out his height, and get some opinions on his conformation, but I really like his build, color, and that his bloodlines compliment June, and it's a huge plus that he's reasonably priced and fairly local. Anyways, here he is, and here's his papers. Thoughts and opinions?

I love his conformation and he does have great bloodlines like Doc Bar and Leo.
His head's a bit un-refined (which won't effect performance), his throatlatch is a bit wide (so he may have a little trouble tucking his head in), and his hocks point inwards slightly (so he may rub his legs every once in a while) but you can never get perfect conformation.
I really like him
love.gif
He's definitely a reiner. He's so handsome!

I really like him too, the more I look the more I like. And he is suppose to have a gentle personality. In my opinion a foal from him and June would be pretty awesome. It'd probably have great conformation, good reining bloodlines, flashy color, and a gentle personality. So as long as it was healthy that'd be everything you could want in a foal. Now of course breeding to him would be straying from my promise to myself of only breeding to HF Mobster, if I breed at all, but maybe it could be a good thing, breeding to a cheaper more local horse first, in case it were to not end well for the foal, and I guess if everything went well I could always decide to wait a year or two and breed to Mobster. Anyways, lots to think about and lots of time to think about it. I've got tons of other stuff to get done first

I really like him too, the more I look the more I like. And he is suppose to have a gentle personality. In my opinion a foal from him and June would be pretty awesome. It'd probably have great conformation, good reining bloodlines, flashy color, and a gentle personality. So as long as it was healthy that'd be everything you could want in a foal. Now of course breeding to him would be straying from my promise to myself of only breeding to HF Mobster, if I breed at all, but maybe it could be a good thing, breeding to a cheaper more local horse first, in case it were to not end well for the foal, and I guess if everything went well I could always decide to wait a year or two and breed to Mobster. Anyways, lots to think about and lots of time to think about it. I've got tons of other stuff to get done first
Lol. I certainly understand the "the more you look, the more you like". :p

Okay everyone, I've tried getting in contact with the owner of that beautiful stud and I'm waiting for a reply, and I'm suppose to talk to my parents tonight about it, and I've been doing a lot of research, and I think I might actually want to breed June. Either this July, or early next spring. I've been reading about all the risks, how to care for pregnant mares, etc. and I've researched training mares that are in foal, and what it looks like is that as long as you don't ride pretty much during the first two and last two months, it's completely safe to ride while pregnant, and the exercise actually benefits them, as well as they're more calm and easier to work with while pregnant. So far I'm feeling pretty good about it, although nothing is decided for sure yet. So what's everyone's thoughts/advice about this?

Well, she'll be 3 in August and a lot of things I've read say to breed at three.. This is the only thing I'm not sure about because everyone says different ages

Back
Top Bottom