Horse Talk

Ok, I said I would post some pictures of the Assateague ponies.

This is all that was left of Jester. He was the first pony we found, so obviously I took a picture...
1227171117.jpg

This is Dee's Heart, Jester's mate and the 29 year old mare.
1227171210a.jpg 1227171213a.jpg 1227171224a.jpg

We found these 3 hanging out in the sun trying to nap while people bugged them.
1227171423d.jpg

We found this little 5 horse band 2 days. This little bay mare is so pretty!
1227171452.jpg 1228171209.jpg

These 2 were practically standing in a parking lot...
1228171228.jpg

This one was in the middle of a roundabout napping and ignoring everyone.
1228171230.jpg

The foal that we found, I think the bay pinto is the sire.
1228171231.jpg 1228171231b.jpg

More horses in the band with the foal.
1228171231c.jpg

Ok, I said I would post some pictures of the Assateague ponies.

This is all that was left of Jester. He was the first pony we found, so obviously I took a picture...
View attachment 1240750

This is Dee's Heart, Jester's mate and the 29 year old mare.
View attachment 1240751 View attachment 1240753 View attachment 1240754

We found these 3 hanging out in the sun trying to nap while people bugged them.
View attachment 1240755

We found this little 5 horse band 2 days. This little bay mare is so pretty!
View attachment 1240756 View attachment 1240757

These 2 were practically standing in a parking lot...
View attachment 1240758

This one was in the middle of a roundabout napping and ignoring everyone.
View attachment 1240759

The foal that we found, I think the bay pinto is the sire.
View attachment 1240760 View attachment 1240761

More horses in the band with the foal.
View attachment 1240762

Awesome! They're all so pretty!

I didn't realize they went so close to peopleand traffic like that

Awesome! They're all so pretty!

I didn't realize they went so close to peopleand traffic like that
Yeah, that's how Jester died, he was hit by a car. They walk around on the roads all the time. You're not supposed to get close to them, like 40 feet or so, but, it's kind of hard to stay that far away sometimes. Like Dee's Heart, she walked right up to me and acted like she wanted to be rubbed, I backed away from her, but I likely could have given her a scratch. The foal also got curious and tried to walk up to me... My husband got a laugh out of watching me say "No, stay over there" and run away from a baby pony.

Yeah, that's how Jester died, he was hit by a car. They walk around on the roads all the time. You're not supposed to get close to them, like 40 feet or so, but, it's kind of hard to stay that far away sometimes. Like Dee's Heart, she walked right up to me and acted like she wanted to be rubbed, I backed away from her, but I likely could have given her a scratch. The foal also got curious and tried to walk up to me... My husband got a laugh out of watching me say "No, stay over there" and run away from a baby pony.

Aw thats sad. I guess theyre just so used to people and cars??

And haha omg that's awesome!!

But curious why you tried so hard to stay away? I know it's the rules but most tourists probably pet them. :/ so dee probably did want to be scratched cause people probably do it.

Admittedly I probably might have too.

But then again maybe not cause it probably gets them killed. But it would be so hard not to.

Aw thats sad. I guess theyre just so used to people and cars??

And haha omg that's awesome!!

But curious why you tried so hard to stay away? I know it's the rules but most tourists probably pet them. :/ so dee probably did want to be scratched cause people probably do it.

Admittedly I probably might have too.

But then again maybe not cause it probably gets them killed. But it would be so hard not to.
Don't want Dee walking up to people, that's how her mate died, don't want her getting too friendly. And the foal, I didn't want to be beat up by mama or dad for being too close to the baby.

Plus, it's a national park, so it's a federal offence to touch, feed, or bother the ponies with a $100 fine....

Don't want Dee walking up to people, that's how her mate died, don't want her getting too friendly. And the foal, I didn't want to be beat up by mama or dad for being too close to the baby.

Plus, it's a national park, so it's a federal offence to touch, feed, or bother the ponies with a $100 fine....

Ahh that makes sense. I didn't realize it was a fine ha do they enforce it?

Back
Top Bottom