Horseman T. Pouters

fowlsessed

Crowing
12 Years
Nov 16, 2011
east Tennessee
Just wondering what other people are doing with them, I've got three and really like them. I hope to improve them with a shot of homer. Why not start a breed specific thread like on the chicken section?

Last edited:
I just received my pair of horseman pouters from a friend of mine and i love them!
These are Alan bilivan blood-line.It is a silver cock and a ash red hen.
They are on eggs now.

Thanks,
Logan

Nice birds logan. Mine are from direct Scotland imports, but I'm not sure exactly what line. Do you plan on working them? I have a young brown grizzle cock ( I think, still trying to learn the colors). are you on pigeon talk? I'm working on getting some pics on here.

Last edited:
200x200px-ZC-02760ee5_horseman001.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-b66b4f16_horseman003.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-66e9207c_horseman004.jpeg

I am still new to the horsemans.I have raised picas for two years and thought about getting some.I fly my picas but havent flown the horsemans yet.
Still have too breed some more first.That is a nice looking bb you have their.And no,i am not on pigeon talk.

Thanks,
Logan

if i didn't have homers i would get some horsemans, they say that they are excellent flyers and hawk evaders, i wasn't much of a pouter fan til i saw the horsemans, good luck with them

I'm in the process of making them at the moment... we have very limited breed choice in New Zealand, so a norwich and a race bird is my starting point...

I'm in the process of making them at the moment... we have very limited breed choice in New Zealand, so a norwich and a race bird is my starting point...
I think those are mainly the two breeds that were used to start the horseman, there were some other odd ones added in, but Norwich x Homer was the base.

People add in homers to horseman pouters all the time to improve the flying range of them. Those crosses are called "Shooters". Alan Bliven is a friend of mine and has beautiful birds. He has several pouters and shooters for sale right now.

Back
Top Bottom