My oldest son is a year younger than his sister. His whole life was in the shadow of her and her horses... At least that's the way he sees it... (We supported his love for music but he conveniently forgets it). Anyway his only daughter, my granddaughter, is 3 yrs old. We discovered she LOVES horses too... 😂 My poor son just can't escape it. She rode bareback on Emmy for hours. Emmy is a retired schooling horse. Very safe for children but she has a bowed tendon so no more jumping for her sadly...

20221203_140603.jpg

My oldest son is a year younger than his sister. His whole life was in the shadow of her and her horses... At least that's the way he sees it... (We supported his love for music but he conveniently forgets it). Anyway his only daughter, my granddaughter, is 3 yrs old. We discovered she LOVES horses too... 😂 My poor son just can't escape it. She rode bareback on Emmy for hours. Emmy is a retired schooling horse. Very safe for children but she has a bowed tendon so no more jumping for her sadly...

View attachment 3365354
Your Emmy is so beautiful. One of my fave horses here (not because she's an overo or because I have a sorrel overo named Emmy, too 🤭).... How is she doing?

My Welsh pony/Percheron cross is shown in my pic. That must have been an interesting interaction. He got the Percheron head and butt, and the pony height. He is about 24, and also a retired school horse. While he is a solid ride, he also know lots of tricks he probably perfected to scare small children.
That is seriously a crazy cross. He's so cute with that big perchie head though. 🥰

Your Emmy is so beautiful. One of my fave horses here (not because she's an overo or because I have a sorrel overo named Emmy, too 🤭).... How is she doing?
She's doing well... I was really worried this summer that we'd have to put her down. I had her on stall rest for 2 weeks and she only got worse. I went ahead and let her out and she improved immediately. Go figure.... 🙄 Although both my daughters have ridden and shown her in Hunter Jumper shows, she actually belongs to our trainer. When the vet said she could no longer jump, I offered for her to come stay at my farm as a companion to our other elderly thoroughbred mare. In return, I'd allow my big OTTB gelding (Thor) to be used as a schooling horse for our trainer. He was getting fat & lazy in the pasture since my youngest quit showing. The trainer agreed with the plan. He still belongs to me and Emmy still belongs to her (trainer) but we each generally cover the expenses of the horses at our respective farms. I miss my big guy.... This is Thor (show name is Valhalla).

FB_IMG_1557399683456.jpg

Back
Top Bottom