Pics
I love horses❤ but sadly i dont own any..... We found a mare and her colt that we are looking into but (theres always a but😑) she is not broke at all. She is bot even green broke😭 So i am not sure she will work for us but we are still thinking. We have a friend who has a friend who breaks horses so we are considering getting her but still not sure....... in the meantime i will be looking at your horses❤

This is my old man Dude, hes a 24 yr old AQHA. We used to compete in barrel racing, but he's more or less retired now. He got the silliest personality and he's been my best friend for 19 years!

Attachments

• tumblr_n2jlhwEV7E1s2aqhzo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n2jlhwEV7E1s2aqhzo1_1280.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 8
  • tumblr_n2lttea1791s2aqhzo1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n2lttea1791s2aqhzo1_1280.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20160426_160015.jpg
    20160426_160015.jpg
    688.1 KB · Views: 6
I don’t own a horse, but I do take lessons once a week.

I’m pretty new (only been riding since October!) but these are some (very basic) skills I’ve learned:
  • Leading a horse
  • Grooming a horse-currying, stiff brush, soft brush, and hoof pick. So far haven’t washed yet.
  • Walk
  • Trot-no posting *yet*
  • Canter-just starting to learn how to support and help the horse during this.
  • Stopping (obviously!)
  • Tacking up/taking off tack
  • Catching from field
  • Walking over uneven ground poles
  • Cones
  • Bareback-only a few times, but still with the bridle.
  • Probably some other things that I’m forgetting.
This is the horse I ride, Rain. She’s part AQH.
Very sweet, but can be a bit slow and stubborn.

FAE26234-6E8E-4E42-8C8D-6C6D41CFF69F.jpeg

I don’t own a horse, but I do take lessons once a week.

I’m pretty new (only been riding since October!) but these are some (very basic) skills I’ve learned:
  • Leading a horse
  • Grooming a horse-currying, stiff brush, soft brush, and hoof pick. So far haven’t washed yet.
  • Walk
  • Trot-no posting *yet*
  • Canter-just starting to learn how to support and help the horse during this.
  • Stopping (obviously!)
  • Tacking up/taking off tack
  • Catching from field
  • Walking over uneven ground poles
  • Cones
  • Bareback-only a few times, but still with the bridle.
  • Probably some other things that I’m forgetting.
This is the horse I ride, Rain. She’s part AQH.
Very sweet, but can be a bit slow and stubborn.

View attachment 3163407
Im going to be staring here soon. In excited. I have loved horses since i was little. And my aunt and uncle have a few they just had a beautiful palomino colt.

Also, I have been taking care of the horses (plus ducks, geese, goats, sheep, cat, etc.) at the place I ride while my instructor is away.

I love doing it!
Mainly just feeding/watering/petting/mucking stalls/hanging out

Picture time!

This is Dusty. I love him! He’s retired but loves being petted.
77E4C789-E495-44C8-AF75-DEC8CAB87ED2.jpeg

5DC9A729-705D-4F39-9C69-0307CB9E7769.jpeg

209246B0-360D-4FE1-BA9B-82E9D38C66B3.jpeg

This is Aoifa. She’s such a goofball! Whenever I’m done hanging up the hay nets, she eats the scraps of hay from the wagon, instead of the nets.
434CBBC4-82E5-4F85-A7D4-E9ACDD07459E.jpeg
9B6E2A0F-77AB-4857-91AC-96023A2499B2.jpeg

This is Maggie. She’s really tall.
5CADE837-7AF4-49B2-BE76-9362682C32DB.jpeg

This is Oz. He recently had a hoof abscess which I was able to watch/help a little treat.
E5CA4632-6F8A-4500-BA02-E6F4C9D094E1.jpeg

Sorry to keep posting! I love horses!

I did have a few questions though:

• I was rubbing Aoifas neck because she was rubbing it on the fence. I did it, and she started leaning into it, which I thought meant she enjoyed it. She then started lightly biting my back and legs, though. Was she unhappy, or was this a way of expressing she liked it?
  • Alli, one of the horses, I was also rubbing her. She’s allergic to flys (and during flu season, which is now, she gets really itchy). I was with her in the pasture, rubbing her. There’s 3 other horses in the pasture with her. One of the other horses (the 3 others are unbehaved… they’re still quite young) started pushing me. Alli stepped in front of me, standing between the pushy horse and myself. I moved towards the gate, and one of the younger horses started ramming into me again. Alli stepped between the horses and me again, and flattened her ears. My question is, was she doing it to protect me? If not, why?
  • Hay… I don’t mind the nets. However, previously they were using square bales, and are down to a few round bales. So we have to use round bales. Is there any way that’s faster to get hay out of the round bale than just pulling handful by handful? It takes a long time to get just one net filled!

Back
Top Bottom