Hospital bill summary.... GEEZE LOUISE!

I was always stunned by the thinking that by creating lots of companies competition would drive the cost down. So you replicate all of the administrative overhead and add on millions in advertising costs and new administrative costs for doctors and employers alike who have to deal with multiple complicated programs and ten times the paperwork.

And of course the insurance companies will pass all the savings on to you. They'll shove and jostle with each other for your business and have to offer you the lowest cost possible. Right? Yeah, like they won't collude!

I have WHAT in my yard? :

I was always stunned by the thinking that by creating lots of companies competition would drive the cost down. So you replicate all of the administrative overhead and add on millions in advertising costs and new administrative costs for doctors and employers alike who have to deal with multiple complicated programs and ten times the paperwork.

And of course the insurance companies will pass all the savings on to you. They'll shove and jostle with each other for your business and have to offer you the lowest cost possible. Right? Yeah, like they won't collude!

Your probably right. It would be better to just have nationalized care. One set of rules. Everyone gets a card. No more insurance payments, copays, deductibles. Just pay higher taxes and everyone is covered. If the rich people don't want it they can pay the doctor bills direct, go to fancy places to cater to them.

Sounds good.​

Back
Top Bottom