Host a BYC Traveling Mascot!

Yes, it totally bites that some people can't just step up, be responsible, and take a few minutes to mail out something that doesn't belong to them. I guess they forgot how they themselves waited in anticipation for their name to slowly climb up on the list. How it was so exciting to finally get that box... How cool it is to see pictures of the mascots at their hosts house. Yup, I guess they all forgot. Because if they remembered, they wouldn't be so inconsidrate of the largest chicken community in the world.
You have to stop and think how many times these nameless strangers have come to your rescue at all hours of the day and night to offere advice, comfort, hugs or a kick in the pants- whatever you need. Someone is always there for you. And for every one who comments, there are 10 more who don't say anything, but sit back and smile, laugh, cry, sigh or nod their heads in understanding.
Yup, they deserve courtesy and consideration. Even if it is something as seemingly silly as passing on a mascot.

So, true! BTW - I know Beaker is going to mkmouse next, but I haven't gotten the address yet. Since the last PM didn't get to me, please send it again. Thanks! You're awesome!
bow.gif

Quote:
Weird. I've been having a little trouble with PM's lately!

Sending again right NOW
big_smile.png

Thanks! I had to move so many large instruments today at work that Beaker had to stay home. My students wanted to know where he was. He played cards with them yesterday. I will post pics later tonight. I will get Beaker ready for corrugated travel pod containment once we have one more little adventure tonight.
smile.png
Then, tomorrow, I will bid him adieu! It's been fun!

I have been watching faithfully, and have even subscribed to this thread. I would volunteer to be a host, but I don't have a camera to upload the photos. At this time it isn't a feasable thing in our budget.
sad.png
Perhaps at some point in the future I can afford one. Meantime, I will be watching and enjoying the adventures!
thumbsup.gif

Roscoe left today with his little friend.
Celeste named his little companion "Rosie".

It sure is quiet around here tonight without the "flop - flop" of those little duck feet!

Yes he IS!!!! And he is very excited to meet you!

I will send you the confirmation number.
I sent it to wegotchickens... but will send it to you too.

Well, this is my final evening with Beaker. I told him that he was going to New Jersey, which is very exciting because I grew up in NJ. Very good food there. Yum! That made him quack excitedly!

Yesterday, he got to go to school one last time. Since it is our last week of school, the kids aren't doing much. We played Apples to Apples, and the kids were happy to help Beaker play. They dealt him a hand...
18671_pict2836.jpg

But he wasn't having much luck with the rules, so they slipped him a couple of good cards to make him feel better. They said it's not cheating when you help someone littler than you. Beaker liked how much everyone laughed and smiled during the game.
18671_applegame1.jpg

Today, I took Beaker for a hike up into the hills. He said he had heard about the golden hills of California, and wanted to know if we should bring a pick and shovel. I told him no, that all the gold has already been dug up and put in a bank somewhere. Now, our golden hills are because of the dry grasses. Beaker thought they looked soft until we got up close. Then he thought they looked like weeds.
18671_pict2839.jpg

He tried lying in the grasses, but said they were itchy!
18671_pict2845.jpg

We saw three bucks run by us, and I tried to take a picture. Beaker ducked into my pack while I took a pic of the last one. He didn't want to come out until I told him we were going to see our local mountain, Mt. Diablo. While Beaker was looking at the mountain, we met a nice rancher named Nick who wanted to know if Beaker wanted a ride to the top of the hill to get a better view.
18671_pict2851.jpg

We looked at the moth ball fleet anchored in the Carquinez Strait...
18671_pict2848.jpg

Then, we hiked home.
Beaker should get a good night's sleep, then tomorrow, it's off to NJ!

edited for spelling.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom