Hot composting with chicken bedding and garden waste

No thanks! I have no desire to spread my black gold on my lawn. Why would i want to encourage that grass to grow? Remember my name?
big_smile.png
Because it's a cheap food source for the chooks
smile.png
And robot mowers are coming down in price...

Well in that case you're excused
tongue.png

Some white mold on top of the compost this morning, turned it in. Holding steady at 36 deg C in the morning, but will probably rise as the day goes further, we're up to an excruciating 26 deg C outside now early in the afternoon (No, Finland isn't only reindeer, snow and polar bears. This is apparently a common belief in some countries, we don't even have polar bears.). We are spending the day cleaning the gutters with the neighbor, it seems we had a little composting going on in there as well. Mostly pine needles, so I'm just going to dump it in various places in the yard where the chickens have dug up bathing spots.

Well in that case you're excused :p

Some white mold on top of the compost this morning, turned it in. Holding steady at 36 deg C in the morning, but will probably rise as the day goes further, we're up to an excruciating 26 deg C outside now early in the afternoon (No, Finland isn't only reindeer, snow and polar bears. This is apparently a common belief in some countries, we don't even have polar bears.). We are spending the day cleaning the gutters with the neighbor, it seems we had a little composting going on in there as well. Mostly pine needles, so I'm just going to dump it in various places in the yard where the chickens have dug up bathing spots.

Now that should make for some happy chickens, new material to dig through!

Yeah, they like it. It's not actually our yard, but I called the guy who owns the one hectare lot of forest next to our yard asking him if he'd be willing to rent us a couple hundred square meters to get a bigger yard for the dogs. He said "No." Then he continued, "...but if you want to use it, go ahead."

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom