Hot composting with chicken bedding and garden waste

Yeah, she wasn't aware I was going to use it. Her thinking isn't as compost oriented as mine.
I figured, no offense meant...just took the opportunity to make a bad joke as I've inferred from some of your posts that she's not real fond of that stinky box out in the back yard.

No offense taken, I don't get offended.

Yeah, she isn't as crazy about it as I am. She really likes the idea of composting, and the fact that we're producing way less unsorted trash. But she just isn't as enthusiastic about the practical aspects of the process. Especially when it's producing a smell.

We were down to 14C yesterday, but today it had risen back up to 18C. My sprouts had developed mold, so I dumped them in the bin, along with 5 liters of rinsing water that was looking like something was alive in it. Might make for some interesting action in the compost.

Our snow is actually melting quite quickly at the moment. It's all gray and depressing out there.

The heat is back in the compost though. It was 24C this morning. I think the sprout water packs a powerful punch.

Our snow is actually melting quite quickly at the moment. It's all gray and depressing out there.

The heat is back in the compost though. It was 24C this morning. I think the sprout water packs a powerful punch.
I am giddily awaiting high temps of 33F tomorrow..... so I can see some snow melt!!!
We got another foot of snowfall over the last few days....it's -12F at 6am here this morning, but supposed to get up to 17 this afternoon.(madcabinfeversmiley)

We've had another wimpy winter, not as bad as last year, but not much snow this year either. This is how the yard looks, pretty depressing:

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so some more of that snow will probably disappear.

Ours was not quite as bad as last year, December was a dream, but we are quickly making up for it in January and February.

That fencing is 4 feet tall.

Back
Top Bottom