Hot composting with chicken bedding and garden waste

Yes, it does. In fact, Felix, if you want to ply your building skills here, I have plenty of projects that you could practice on. I'll even buy the materials and paint in any color of your choosing!

Will you pay air fare too? =P Just had to look it up out of interest, Helsinki to Portland, ME, cheapest flights are around 2300 euros (for a return ticket).

I put in roof beams today and painted a bit more, and also a support for the floor in the middle. Now I'm out of materials, so that's next on the to do list for this project.

droolin.gif
Lobstah
lau.gif

Okay, now the compost is smelling a bit again. The outside temps had dipped down to -5C in the night again, it was about -1C when I went to do the morning turning. The thermometer I've got in there maxes out at 40, but you can still see it up until about 45 (113F). It was hotter than that in the box, so the core temp is probably somewhere in the 65-70C range (150-160F). Too bad it also puts out a lot of steam at that point, and we have absolutely no wind at the moment. I can smell the box from about 15 meters (50 feet). But there's some nice composting going on.

I got the roof installed on the bunny pen today, and all the doors are painted. Still need to cut up the siding and nail it to the thing, cut the floor boards, and attach net to the doors. Then it should be pretty much ready.

I managed to get some more work done. We're close to getting it ready for the bunny to move in, I will still need some more materials to build the ramps that will double as dividers between the top and bottom, but Hilma can move into the bottom tomorrow I think. If we get the doors done. Just need to attach netting to the door frames and attach the doors and locks. Oh, and slap on another coat of paint on the siding.

Back
Top Bottom