Hot Flashes ! Help !

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by enola, Jun 21, 2009.

1. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Enola! WHAT did I just tell you? A day OFF!

Go do this! >>>>> [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  2. mzrea

mzrea Songster

Oct 22, 2008
    Vermont
    Oh how I love this site!!! Seems that whatever the problem is, the answer can be found with my chicken friends.
    Perimenopausal thats what I am, night sweats, grumpy, grumpy, grumpy not to mention the change in the cycle, wicked headaches, cramps and HEAVY bleeding. Can't think and oh great, it will only last about a decade [​IMG]
    I'm joining this club.

3. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I swear by the Borage Oil (OTC in the health-food/vitamin department in the store). Don't need a prescription, just one gel-cap a day and no night sweats. I ran out a little while ago, so just to see what would happen I went without... it took about 4 weeks, but now I'm starting to get them again. Time to get some more. [​IMG]

4. [​IMG] A decade !!! ???

[​IMG]

5. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    No sweat, it goes by in a flash!

[​IMG] awful puns, sorry.

6. ZZsBabiez

ZZsBabiez Songster

Sep 19, 2008
    Central California
    I've suffered with hot flashes/night sweats for about 3 years now.. the brain fog... to the point I worry about myself.. irritable? Oh yeah! No sleep for nights in a row.. or waking up 15 times.. fatigue.. loss of desire.. (for anything) depression.. I'm there..

Last year I had an ambulance ride with a terrible anxiety attack.. dizzy till I couldn't walk.. fainting spells, etc..

I can tell you that the worst part..(feeling like you have a terminal illness, misery, emotional roller coaster) will pass..
    The hot flashes that got you there? Seems to be here for life.

My mom is almost 96 and still has hot flashes! She is also on her 3rd bout with breast cancer, even though she has no breasts..

Gives you an idea of how the doc feels about giving me hormones? [​IMG]

It's pure hell..

Thank you for this thread.. I'm off to the health food store to try evening primose oil in capsules Wild Yam and Chaste Tree Berries in a capsule
    I already take the black cohosh

7. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Songster

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    Quote:Very funny - another cute saying that my mom told me "Age is a matter of mind - if you don't mind it doesn't matter!
    Have a get 4th of July everyone [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  8. phoenixmama

phoenixmama Songster

Apr 12, 2009
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Quote:I popped in to issue a similar warning about black cohosh...one of those things that is probably fine unless you are at high risk for certain types of cancer.

I also have breast cancer, and one of the drugs I am on causes hot flashes. I don't have anything more to offer than what has already been suggested. So, here's a [​IMG]

9. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    I can't do anything hormonal or herbal except the valerian, and that was only short term. Family history is abysmal for breast cancer.

My older sister is a 15? or so year survivor!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: