Hotwing needs your good thoughts!

CarriBrown

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Jan 21, 2007
Thousand Oaks, California
Please send good thoughts my way... for my BLRW roo, Hotwing. He started out walking alittle funny and we thought he had worms. We wormed everyone but Hotwing wasn't getting better. The past three days have been rough. He was having a hard time standing up, we had another float done, and no worms.
DH took him to the vet today to be put down. BUT, the vet thinks Hotwing may have suffered a trauma, and hope is not lost!
Hotwing was given a vitamin shot, steroids, and antibiotics tonight. He came home with more antibiotics... I have to give him two shots a day in the chest for 10 days. Dr Bart says that even though Hotwing is off balance and needs to gain his weight back, he is very strong and determined, and has no broken bones.
So, Hotwing is in the house resting with a big bowl of scrambled egg, mash and strawberries.
Please keep Hotwing in your thoughts! I (along with his Auntie SpeckledHen) would be devistated if he didn't pull through!
Thanks!
hugs.gif

Chickens001.jpg

Chickens164.jpg

Chickens187.jpg

We cannot lose Hotwing, nope, no way, not on the heels of my guy's tragic loss. SO, Carri, that boy is sticking around awhile, you tell him his Auntie Cyn said so! Too much sadness this week, so Mr Hotstuff is staying. Tell him to take his meds like a good boy and send me a pinup poster when he's on his feet again.
hugs.gif

I just checked on him and he is laying down, but not on his side. That is a GREAT improvement!
yippiechickie.gif

I told DH that we have to do something nice for the vet's office. They are so great with the chickens.... It's nice to have a vet that treats your chickens like they would a dog, cat, parrot, whatever... and not like it's "just" a chicken.

Back
Top Bottom