House chickens?

Pics
I agree with you. I would never use the top one. That just looks so bad for the bird. When I use them it is the bottom style.
And to other people who are opinionated with bad facts to back up those opinions. Sometimes no matter how well an animal is cared for you will always say that the other person is doing it ALL wrong because they are not doing it the way you think think should. Your way is not the only way. As long as the animals are happy, and healthy leave people alone about it.
:goodpost:

This is Curiosity. She's currently a "house" chicken as in she's residing in the house but isn't free roaming. She ended up sick with coccidiosis but hid it from me out in the flock until she had lost pretty much all her weight. I had to bring her in for treatment but with winter temperatures diving in PA and her weight so low, I didn't want to put her back out. She has decided that she's quite content inside. She was a bit of an outcast in the flock anyway. She loves to cuddle up with me and snuggle, loves her neck rubbed and LOVES Christmas cookies lol. I usually share a cookie with her, breaking pieces off for her to eat though she tries her hardest to snatch her own bites lol

20201218_075102.jpg
20201218_074949.jpg

This is Curiosity. She's currently a "house" chicken as in she's residing in the house but isn't free roaming. She ended up sick with coccidiosis but hid it from me out in the flock until she had lost pretty much all her weight. I had to bring her in for treatment but with winter temperatures diving in PA and her weight so low, I didn't want to put her back out. She has decided that she's quite content inside. She was a bit of an outcast in the flock anyway. She loves to cuddle up with me and snuggle, loves her neck rubbed and LOVES Christmas cookies lol. I usually share a cookie with her, breaking pieces off for her to eat though she tries her hardest to snatch her own bites lol

View attachment 2454137View attachment 2454124
So cute! Yeah my 2 girls are always trying to steal my food. Hahaha

Ok. Here is a video of my house.
Omg. Thank you for posting this. I used to work at a children’s bookstore in Minneapolis that keeps both cats and bantams, “free range” as it were, and now I am finally getting ready to get my very OWN indoor/outdoor chickens, I can’t wait! But even remembering the bookstore chickens were fine—because people respond to the idea like I’m nuts I’ve started worrying, gosh, am I? But seeing yours...yes, it’s just as I remember and honestly not that different from having cats. I really appreciate being able to see them at home. Are yours standard size? Do you just have the two?

Back
Top Bottom