house cleaning thread!

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
ok im not sure if this is the right place.... BUT anyone wanna come join.. i always try to to my house cleaning on saturdays..

here is the list

Kitchen-- aone load of dishes in the dishwasher, prolly 3 more to go. take garbage out sweep and mop the floor

Living room.... general pickup vacuum dust

TV room... general pick up vacuum and dust

critter cages - (rats, ferrets and chicks) clean and put new bedding in

Bathrooms (2)- clean from top to bottom

laundry- approx 7 loads

other- change linens on beds.......... clean waterers...

as i get em done ill put a smilie next to it !

Well when i get out of work at 3 I have to :

Clean Bathrooms,Sweep and Mop both
Clean inside animal cages
Do about 4 loads Laundry
Handwash 4 Loads Dishes
Clean out fridge
Bleach All Waterers
Vaccum Whole house
Clean both living rooms ( We are a two generation family)
Clean Our two Bedrooms
Polish Hardwood Floors
Organize kids clothes, (Time to switch from winter to spring)

And thats just inside...

Outside .. i cant even begin to type out atm...

I don't have nearly as much as you guys to do once I finish my errands but I've got to...
Clean dishes
Vaccuum the house (darn Persian hair everywhere!)
Fold clean clothes
Tidy desk
Rush Dishwasher
Clean rat cages

A tad bit off topic but can I ask you guys this...for those of us that are...let's say 46ish + Is it harder for you to focus on housework????
I can't keep my focus! Years ago, I had a friend several years older than me and her house was always cluttered, not dirty so to speak just unorganized and cluttered. She told me it never used to be that way and blamed it on her age. I'm so sorry to say - I didn't believe her...AND NOW I'M LIVING IT!!!! I have the same lists you all do...I even use check marks as I go through the list - I just can't get the clutter under control. Should I be using GOLD STARS instead? I work full time at a job I love - but never seemed to have this problem until the last couple of years. Can anyone else relate???? Is this a hormonal thing...

Ten Tons of Laundry
Dishes
Sheets
Floors
Patio and front door windows
Dusting

I can't even think about the basement and kids rooms 16 & 18 Y.O. boys...OMG!

Then there are the outside things that need to be done

PLEASE ADVISE...gotta go change out the laundry...

Please, ALL of you, Go check out FLYLADY... google it! It is the best site ever, and you can get downloads of her Crisis Cleaning podcast (which has saved my life over and over) It is wonderful and the flylady is nice and sweet, and makes me feel good inside. please check it out, you won't regret it!

chickensducks&agoose :

Please, ALL of you, Go check out FLYLADY... google it! It is the best site ever, and you can get downloads of her Crisis Cleaning podcast (which has saved my life over and over) It is wonderful and the flylady is nice and sweet, and makes me feel good inside. please check it out, you won't regret it!

Tahnsk for the tip. I will check it out .. I seem to never have enough time and housework is the number one reason... I have heard of her but havemnt checked out her site...​

I've never heard of her before. I just looked over her site and viewed a couple of videos. Common Sense approach, yes! I'm so inspired...gotta go shine up my sink and throw out 27 things and give another 27 away. This could work.

Thanks for the tip CoopCrazy! OP, thanks for starting this thread!!!!!!

Joni

does anyone wanna come to wisconsin and clean my house?
big_smile.png

At some point today I have to

Tidy the living room , rehome all items that don't go in it.

Wash dishes, empty dishwasher, clean out fridge.

Laundry - about 4 loads.

Laundry- hanging up about 3 baskets of T shirts

Sweep the whole house

bedroom- remove dishes ( as in glassware lol) and mop floor where I had both a midnight spill of Kaopec from the dog and a midnight dog vomit.
sickbyc.gif
that got wiped up with a clorox wipe but not CLEANED up yet.

Wash sheets

Declutter bedroom/bathroom.

AND tomorrow I have to

take stuff toflea market, clean the yard and clean the coops.

I could never do all that in one day - 7 loads of laundry would take out my septic system! I tend to spread it out over the week. It's just the two of us here, so my housework isn't too bad.

JoJo: Sounds like you need to de-clutter. I think it's just a point in life when one needs to go out and rent yourself a big dumpster. I can't tell you enough how freeing a dumpster can be! Anything you haven't touched in the past year goes in there. I did it when we moved to this smaller house and I'm clutter free - nothing standing around and that's how I keep it now. I find I can think better in a clean and clear environment.

Back
Top Bottom