House mites?

If they don't seem to be itching there heads, I would assume it's just a bug in the coop. :idunno
It's hard to know without clear pictures of the bug. Don't know where you are but migratory birds have been flocking around my house, that's when you need to watch out for parasites.

I'm in Arkansas, and I live in the city. When I put them up last night I looked around with my flashlight and saw two of these things on the outside of the house, but none inside. Doesn't mean they aren't there, but they were easy to find before. I'll get some stuff to spray around the house as a preventative measure.

I'm in Arkansas, and I live in the city. When I put them up last night I looked around with my flashlight and saw two of these things on the outside of the house, but none inside. Doesn't mean they aren't there, but they were easy to find before. I'll get some stuff to spray around the house as a preventative measure.
:thumbsup

Where are the first places mite problems would show on the ducks? I have one that has a thinner spot on the back of her head. They've had a lot of pool time, so it may be the others pulling some out during their weird rituals.

Where are the first places mite problems would show on the ducks? I have one that has a thinner spot on the back of her head. They've had a lot of pool time, so it may be the others pulling some out during their weird rituals.

Usually, Mites/Lice like to hide around the vent/head and underwings, but from what your describing, Its sounds like mating damage.

Back
Top Bottom