House shopping

Arizona is one of the States that is very much feeling the effects of the down housing market. I can look at the various places for sale in various cities in Arizona and almost all seem desperate to sell. Especially if this is a bank owned property they should be very willing to negotiate and if they are not, please be patient as you will find exactly what you are looking for if you take the time and are not afraid to negotiate. Remember this slogan when dealing for a house. "You can never insult a willing seller." It means that you should not be afraid to bid a low price because you think it will insult the seller. These days most sellers are happy to find a buyer who is breathing. If the agent you are working with is not doing what you think he or she should be doing for you, fins another agent. Believe me, people looking to buy today are gold to agents. Find one who is willing to do whatever it takes to make you satisfied.

Have you looked into HUD homes and foreclosures? I just missed out on a really cute little two bedroom bungalow listed at $17,000. It needed some work, but not that much. I found out about it just in time to be too late.

NO! Don't do it!!

Your lender is looking out for your best interests, in this case at least. The house that you would be purchasing already has some major issues. Your lender may not even allow you to purchase until these items are fixed. And if you're fixing at YOUR expense as well as putting more money on the table, you are looking to lose.

I understand about the perfect house, we're doing the same thing right now. I have no more fingernails at this point...chewed them off. Manufactured homes, even though they are nice, do not carry the same value that another house built on a slab will have. Even if you "fix it up." It just doesn't make sense to put your money on the table, especially when you have already made a decent offer and asked for items to be fixed.

Just the way I see it. If the sellers were doing that to us, I'd be walking out of here like Aladdin walked off the balcony.

Quote:
X2. You can ending up putting far more money into the place than it is worth. Water and manufactured housing do not mix. The place can have some real structural damage that may not show up in a routine inspection. Keep looking!!!

Back
Top Bottom