House Turkey :)

This is the first of 7 RPs. My wife fell in love and has turned her/him (any guesses to gender are welcome) into a glorified house pet haha. The other 6 are about half the age l...and half as privileged. The intent is for some breeders and the rest will be food. Except this one obviously :) the kids love her/him way too much (we think her, but any advise is appreciated). It makes a really great pet though. I have had chickens, ducks, etc. and so far this turkey has done the best (except when its roosting on the couch back behind you and decides it wants to nail the small hairs at the base of your neck...that kinda hurts lol).
Your house turkey sounds like a great pet! I love the idea, and roosting on the couch, that's just to cool!
Skipper....turkeys are like dogs with feathers! They can bond strongly with humans. They can make great pets! Nothing better than your Turkey taking a nap in your lap!
Wish more people would realize what fun pets they can be. Just totally different than most poultry.
I had a lovely experience with a Tom named Tom not to long ago. I was picking up a family of bantam chickens, and the owner had Tom as a pet. I had always thought turkeys where mean, and didn't see a good reason in keeping them (I don't like to eat turkey). Thankfully Tom proved me wrong, and was just a blast to hang out with. I was shocked with how gentle he actually was, and LOVED to get a good petting in. Now I'll be stalking the turkey pages to get my fix until I get my new friends! :D

Back
Top Bottom