Housing ideas

Shepshill

Songster
Feb 19, 2018
New Jersey
I am considering raising some meat birds and I am looking for ideas for housing them. I would like a coop with enclosed run, to keep them safe from predators, preferably something I can move periodically. Suggestions?

Last edited:
when we raised em they couldn't get up in a nest let along onto a perch, what we found was kicking em out with free ranging flock was best, so basically all they need is protection, food and water.

I am considering raising some meat birds and I am looking for ideas for housing them. I would like a coop with enclosed run, to keep them safe from predators, preferably something I can move periodically. Suggestions?
The one factor that is important is what type of predators do you have to deal with. If you have day time predators then you need a secure run for them or housing that they never leave. Other than that you just need a secure place to lock them up at night and nothing fancy is needed other than where ever you put them you do not want it to flood where you plop their big fat bodies down.

The one factor that is important is what type of predators do you have to deal with. If you have day time predators then you need a secure run for them or housing that they never leave. Other than that you just need a secure place to lock them up at night and nothing fancy is needed other than where ever you put them you do not want it to flood where you plop their big fat bodies down.

We have both hawks and foxes during the day. I keep my laying hens in enclosed spaces.

Back
Top Bottom