Housing In Large avirary

Kylesquails

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 7, 2012
Australia
I,m thinking of buying or making a large aviary to house my quail.
i have them in a three tiered cage with wire floors at the moment. i,d like to be able to walk in to the cage, to tend to them. i found this pic of something i,d like.
Does anyone house there quail in a similar setup? is it possible to have a colony of 20 birds with a good ratio males and females. would they be happier in this setup then a wire floor cage?

Looks awesome to me. I made an 8x8x6 pen with a large tree branch in it. Noticed the coturnix quail like being on the ground vs being on a branch or a perch.
I,m thinking of buying or making a large aviary to house my quail.
i have them in a three tiered cage with wire floors at the moment. i,d like to be able to walk in to the cage, to tend to them. i found this pic of something i,d like.
Does anyone house there quail in a similar setup? is it possible to have a colony of 20 birds with a good ratio males and females. would they be happier in this setup then a wire floor cage?

Looks like a deluxe quail spa!! The only recommendation I have is maybe a two-door system so that adventuresome quail wouldn't get very far. The idea being that you go through one door, shut it, then open the door to quail heaven. Even that might not be too important, depending on your flock (covey?) and their general temperament. Otherwise it looks awesome!

smile.png
now that's an idea a quail spa!

yeah, i think the 2 door system is a good idea,id like to have an area in the first section with a few small cages for extra roos or young birds. my jap quail come out of the cage when i feed them in the mornings but they are very tame and just scratch around the front before i put them back in.

Back
Top Bottom