Houston Area Backyard Chickens

Neolones

Songster
6 Years
May 11, 2016
Houston Area Backyard Chickens on Facebook welcomes everybody in the Houston Metro Area, whether you've got a large flock, a few in your backyard, or are hoping to get some. We are from all over the Houston area, but we wanted one local place where all of us chicken enthusiasts could come together, hang out, ask questions, or buy/sell/trade. Some of us are more seasoned, while others are still new so there is no dumb question as we've all been there at some point with the same questions. We hope to grow this page into one of the best chicken resources for questions, pictures, conversations and b/s/t in the Houston area!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1426654574083898/

Attachments

• IMG_4361.JPG
    IMG_4361.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 49
This should be a thing! Houston is so large, bigger than some states, it needs its own thread!

I am a Houstonian with 2 chickens, I used to have 4.

Hello! I am Deb here in Garden Villas near Hobby Airport.
I have had chickens & gamebirds long ago in a nearby neighborhood with no problems & happy chickens.
So I bought some bantam chicks this Spring.
They grew up into mostly roosters. Loud ones, too. Rooster collars were mean & didn't help much. Finally down to 5 hens with one tiny Americana rooster. I had to give away gorgeous roosters with a hen each to get good homes for them.
*I rehomed my tiny mille fluers because they Persistently refused to go back into their coop.
*My beloved Polish bantam roosters were unbelievably loud so they went to live in the country with a hen each.
*Yesterday I found homes for my 2 Sultan roosters who took over the Polish's job of making loud noises & viciously assaulting my little hens. My one Sultan hen hid in the coop from them!

There are folks on Next Door who love their chickens and several more that love to tell you you can't have any Roosters in Houston. Well, I want to raise some pure bred chicks so it is good we have this group. In the Spring I may want to borrow a stud rooster!!

I have had chickens & gamebirds long ago in a nearby neighborhood with no problems & happy chickens.
They grew up into mostly roosters. Loud ones, too. Rooster collars were mean & didn't help much. Finally down to 5 hens with one tiny Americana rooster. I had to give away gorgeous roosters with a hen each to get good homes for them.
*I rehomed my tiny mille fluers because they Persistently refused to go back into their coop.
*My beloved Polish bantam roosters were unbelievably loud so they went to live in the country with a hen each.
*Yesterday I found homes for my 2 Sultan roosters who took over the Polish's job of making loud noises & viciously assaulting my little hens. My one Sultan hen hid in the coop from them!

There are folks on Next Door who love their chickens and several more that love to tell you you can't have any Roosters in Houston. Well, I want to raise some pure bred chicks so it is good we have this group. In the Spring I may want to borrow a stud rooster!!
You must be near the neighborhood that has free ranging peacocks. I don't know the name of it off hand but it's very near the airport. Welcome aboard!

Deb...here is a link to the active Texas thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/texas.44/page-4355#post-20284775

Back
Top Bottom