1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Houston Chicken Swap Meet, Lets Start One!

Discussion in 'Chickenstocks, Shows, Meet-Ups' started by SilkieBantams, Sep 29, 2011.

1. djennings

djennings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    Sabine Pass, TX.
    Where do you get the TAHC permit and do you need to get the typhoid test done before you get the TAHC permit?

2. blackred

blackred Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
  3. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX
    why do you have to have it? And I am only trading with people who I already know who Im trading with. So I am not getting one.

4. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Quote:If you take your birds "off primise" with the intent to sell or trade you must have a permit. You can sell or trade all you want at your property with out a TAHC permit but you still must have your birds tested for P/T, which is free.
    If you have a bunch of birds for your own use then you can do nothing and be OK.

You may not like all this but it is the law and if you get caught ( and you will) you give the whole Swap/ Trade a black eye.

Bob

5. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    It's not like they'll come and arrest you because they won't and I will not get one and will trade with people if I want.

6. blackred

Oct 15, 2007
    Blue Texas
    Quote:Obviously you have never been to a trade day. You want to break the law I guess that is your business.

7. SilkieBantams

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Quote:Obviously you have never been to a trade day. You want to break the law I guess that is your business.

I have been to a trade day so if you have nothing to say then don't bother posting on my thread.

8. FarmerGrant011

FarmerGrant011 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Sugar Land, TX

I have been to a trade day so if you have nothing to say then don't bother posting on my thread.

x2

9. djennings

djennings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2011
    Sabine Pass, TX.
    I am going to get it just for the purpose of selling. Alot of people will ask you about the typhoid test. But hopefully it will not be a whole lot for it. [​IMG]

10. SilkieBantams

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I think I'll get it just for the purpose of trades [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by