Hova-bator Genesis 1588 questions

Wow.. Jenjeran, I wish you had responded sooner! I placed my order this morning. Then I got the email saying that it would be 7 to 10 BUSINESS days to process and then 2 to 3 days to ship. I called and they said that it could be even a week or so longer because they are so backed up on orders for the 1588. She said that the warehouse was building for each order. Uggg... I wonder if i can cancel the order and try somewhere else. I wish I could just go to a brick and mortar store and buy one! Are there stores that sell them?

I ordered mine last month from surehatch and received it within a week. I shopped around ALL winter. I had no idea that people had a bad experience with the company. I have also ordered from incubator warehouse and they too shipped quickly. good luck

Cutler supply is where I got mine they are very good to deal with, and you get it in 3 to 4 day's. Just make sure you ask for the newest one with temp & humidity ....

The cheapest price is from the manufacture I paid $149 shipped. I would've paid a little more if I knew it would take possibly a month to get it. Since I've already been waiting 9 days I think I will just keep waiting. I have one 1588 that's going to be filled to overflowing. The turner holds 42 eggs and I'm going to have around 60 eggs in there lol. I have shipped eggs that arrive today.

Well I finally got through to GQF and asked when shipping would be. They said that the 1588 is back ordered so badly that it would be a few weeks before it was shipped. I did not want to wait that long so I asked if I could cancel my order. She said I could without a problem. My card was never charged. Then I went to each website suggested above and CALLED to ask how long it would take. Everyone said it was back ordered and would be a week or longer before it could even be shipped. I then found them brand new on a buy it now auction on Ebay. i emailed and asked if the incubators were IN HAND and ready to ship. The seller (discountpetcare) emailed me and said he had 31 of them in hand and ready to ship. I went ahead and placed the order last night. Today I received my tracking number. It says I should have it by Tuesday at the latest. Whoo hooo... two 1588 hovabators and one egg turner on its way! I can not wait. I am going to use one as an incubator and one as a hatcher. I hope all goes well with this transaction. I worry about ebay but he has wonderful ratings. Cross your fingers.

Cutler supply is where I got mine they are very good to deal with, and you get it in 3 to 4 day's. Just make sure you ask for the newest one with temp & humidity ....

That's right! I ordered mine last month and they sent me the old model without the temp and humidity display. What a piece of junk! I had one failed hatch and the second one in danger because the thermostat won't keep the temp right. The dumb switches on the old model don't seem to do anything. Mine might be defective, but for $150, it sure seems like all I got was a styrofoam ice chest with a cheap plastic fan and heater..

Last edited:
Well I finally got through to GQF and asked when shipping would be. They said that the 1588 is back ordered so badly that it would be a few weeks before it was shipped. I did not want to wait that long so I asked if I could cancel my order. She said I could without a problem. My card was never charged. Then I went to each website suggested above and CALLED to ask how long it would take. Everyone said it was back ordered and would be a week or longer before it could even be shipped. I then found them brand new on a buy it now auction on Ebay. i emailed and asked if the incubators were IN HAND and ready to ship. The seller (discountpetcare) emailed me and said he had 31 of them in hand and ready to ship. I went ahead and placed the order last night. Today I received my tracking number. It says I should have it by Tuesday at the latest. Whoo hooo... two 1588 hovabators and one egg turner on its way! I can not wait. I am going to use one as an incubator and one as a hatcher. I hope all goes well with this transaction. I worry about ebay but he has wonderful ratings. Cross your fingers.

I bought my 1588 from that seller and it arrived very quickly! Going to get another one pretty soon as well.

The cheapest price is from the manufacture I paid $149 shipped. I would've paid a little more if I knew it would take possibly a month to get it. Since I've already been waiting 9 days I think I will just keep waiting. I have one 1588 that's going to be filled to overflowing. The turner holds 42 eggs and I'm going to have around 60 eggs in there lol. I have shipped eggs that arrive today.

Finally being shipped. I ordered on Feb 27th and estimated delivery will be March 15th

Well my first hatch with my new 1588 has been 9 out of 12 shipped eggs so far, still waiting to see what happens with the last 3 eggs. I am very happy with mine!
jumpy.gif

Boy am i glad i found this thread. i have an older model of the Genesis and was looking to get another one. i love the idea of having the temp, humidity and controls right on top, so i just ordered one from that person on ebay. i have some fairly expensive Sebastopol goose eggs that will go into lock down on Thursday. i have a still air hovabator to move those into, as i have seen it suggested that a still air is better for hatching goose eggs, for those last 3-4 days. But i also have 4 more goose eggs that will remain in the Genesis as they are now only on Day 10. And the woman who gave me those eggs wants to give me more. So i figured it would be nice to have another incubator to accommodate the staggered hatches.

My big complaint with the still air incubators is that it is so hard to keep a steady temp. i think the Hovabator is much better than the LG, but still, i don't like hovering over the bator trying to prevent temperature spikes or crashes.

Question for everyone, in your opinion, is a still air better for lock down? Or have you used the circulated air types for lock down with success? And i wonder if it's just goose eggs that benefit from the still air. i don't know. i just hope after all this time those goosies make it out okay.

Back
Top Bottom