Hova-bator Genesis 1588 questions

curranchickens

Songster
8 Years
Oct 2, 2011
Fredericskburg, VA
I have decided to get a Hova-bator Genesis 1588 as my very first incubator. I have a couple questions for all my chicken friends out there...

1. I have noticed that some websites have a built in temp reading and humidity reading and some do not. The cords also come out at different places. But they all say Genesis 1588 ... are there two different ones?

http://www.gqfmfg.com/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=77

http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog...ova-Bator-Genesis-Incubator-50-eggs-p627.aspx

2. Does anyone know a reputable website to purchase from? I got ripped off over Christmas ordering from an unfamiliar website and am still angry about it.

Well my first hatch with my new 1588 has been 9 out of 12 shipped eggs so far, still waiting to see what happens with the last 3 eggs. I am very happy with mine!
jumpy.gif

I bought my Hovabator 1588 in December and have hatched 4 batches of eggs since then. I actually ended up buying a second one a few weeks after the first. I was very happy with the service I received from Incubator Warehouse at www.incubatorwarehouse.com.

I bought mine JUST before they came out with the new model that has a digital display. If you want the new model you should make sure that's what the supplier is shipping, not old stock of the old model.

I'm very happy with my older model. It has a preset temperature, but also the ability to adjust if necessary. I use a separate thermometer/hygrometer to keep track of temp and humidity. I like that I can check and verify the accuracy of both the thermometer and hygrometer, and I wonder how you verify the accuracy of the built-in measuring devices and display on the new model 1588.

I would highly recommend that you purchase an egg turner, too. Using the egg turner assures that the eggs get turned properly, but also cuts down dramatically on the number of times the incubator needs to be opened. The temp and humidity fluctuate each time you open the incubator, probably not enough to hurt anything, but why take a chance?

It looks like the pricing in your link to the GQF site is pretty good.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for your response. I was looking at www.surehatch.com but then, due to my experience at Christmas, looked up the reviews and ratings of the company to find that they were out of South Africa along with about a million con-artists. I then checked it on here and saw that quite a few people have paid and never received their orders. It is so frustrating! I felt like I was almost ripped off again! I never want to be ripped off again!

I have looked over www.incubatorwarehouse.com and I think I will go with them. It is very reassuring that I have confirmation that you have had a good experience with them.

They do happen to ship the new model with the built in monitor system.

I am very excited!!!! I have never hatched anything in my life! Cross your fingers for me!

I bought my Hovabator 1588 from Incubator Warehouse last year, and was very satisfied with them. I received it like three days after ordering, plus it was a good deal. It's hatched out everything from peafowl to ducks to guineas, and has goose eggs in it right now.
Good luck with your first hatch
thumbsup.gif

I just got my 1588 in yesterday, and I have never seen anything so easy to set up. I had the still air hovabator and never hd good hatches from it. Now the still air is going to be my hatcher. The 1588 took just 20 minutes to get to 100 degrees and has been awesome so far! I say go for it!

I checked around and ended up ordering my 1588 Hova Bator Genesis ( with the new digital display and large window )
from Stromberg's as they gave free shipping and the mfg. GQF did not as I recall. Extremely easy to set up - make sure you get the egg turner too.

Back
Top Bottom