Hova-bator Genesis 1588 questions

gig.gif
I know just what you mean! Last year I learned to hatch with shipped eggs in homemade incubators. Talk about learning the hard way!! I would totally buy eggs if anybody was selling the bantam cochins I need. I could hatch out my own eggs, but right now they would be some funny looking little mutts. I have two roos right now, a blue Ameraucana and a partridge bantam cochin, and they are both getting busy with the whole flock. I would be hatching fluffy faced, feather footed little mutts, though. I am building another run, then I will be able to re-sort my flock and do some serious hatching.

i ended up ordering a second Genesis from discountpetcare on ebay and did the express shipping, as the hatching incubator i had was not working and i was under the gun. They were super nice and told me it may take as long as tomorrow to arrive, but i got it at 10:30 this morning. Wow, i love this new Genesis with the controls on top! i still have that first one i ordered coming probably Monday, which is fine, as i will probably be doing a lot of staggered hatches with my geese this spring. But this new Genesis is such a huge improvement over the older model, and i really liked the older model. But this one is state of the art for a low cost incubator.

I Agee! I have had my new ones set up for several says now... I have checked the digital display every few hours the whole time and it has been steady and consistent. I LOVE the digital display and can. Or imagine not having it. It is one huge reason I felt confident in buying the hatching eggs that I just ordered. I can not wait till they get here. I am think tomorrow.

As far as the discountpet guy on eBay.... I have no complaints. I have not used eBay in over a year because I got burned on a deal and lost all trust. I only turned to eBay out of desperation since no one else had them in stock and ready to go.

I originally ordered two incubators and one egg turner. My plan was to incubate in one and only use the second one for hatching. I broke down and ordered a second egg turner yesterday. I realized that my incubator was going to be full in a week... First hatching eggs and then adding my own eggs a week later. I thought that I could put the second egg turner in the second incubator and add mor eggs (as long as I do not add more than the first set of eggs I will be hatching). Then when the first set of eggs is ready for hatching I will move them to the second incubator and move the eggs in there to the same spots in the first incubator that the hatching eggs came from! Does that make sense?

It makes sense to me. Seems like there might be some room for confusion and error unless you have marked all your eggs to keep them from getting mixed up. I ordered eggs from five different sellers and put them all in the same incubator, so I had to create a color chart and mark the eggs with different colors to make sure I did not get them mixed up.

All this talk about how good the new 1588 model makes me even more mad at Cutler for stiffing me with the old model. I have read post from people that order one month before I did that got the new model from Cutler. Why the heck did they send me this old broken one?! Just makes me so mad, I don't even want to talk to them for fear that I will lose my temper.

It makes sense to me. Seems like there might be some room for confusion and error unless you have marked all your eggs to keep them from getting mixed up. I ordered eggs from five different sellers and put them all in the same incubator, so I had to create a color chart and mark the eggs with different colors to make sure I did not get them mixed up.

All this talk about how good the new 1588 model makes me even more mad at Cutler for stiffing me with the old model. I have read post from people that order one month before I did that got the new model from Cutler. Why the heck did they send me this old broken one?! Just makes me so mad, I don't even want to talk to them for fear that I will lose my temper.
Have you checked the return period and policy? Perhaps it is not too late.

Curranchickens - If you have two incubators full of eggs, each with a different hatch date, can't you just take the tuner out and keep them in the incubator they are currently in, or am i not understanding?

Jungleexplorer - Can you call Cutler and say you expected to get the new Genesis? If they won't exchange it, maybe you can sell it locally then buy the new one. The older Genesis is great, too. After going from still air Hovabators to that model a couple years ago, it really increased my hatch rate.

Quote:

I can not set all the eggs at one time... I add eggs here and there... Soo they do not all hatch at the same time... If I hit full capacity in the first incubator then I want to be able to throw some into the second one... But I can not throw in more then the first set of eggs that will hatch out... That way all eggs except the hatching eggs can fit in the first incubator while the ones are hatching in the second.

@ enchanted sunrise farms .... Lol... Ya think? I have been on another tread investigating how to convert a dorm sized refrigerator into an incubator. I have an old one laying around.... The I could just hatch in the hovabators.

Hello all! I set my very first eggs last night at around 5 pm. I am anxiously awaiting my outcome. I stared a new thread for everyone who set eggs around the same time so we can track progress together and compare notes... Hatch buddies if you will... I know so many of us got our incubators at the same time so if anyone has set a hatch then please come join!

[=https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/640017/set-eggs-3-17-anyone-else#post_8611325][/]

Meanwhile, after I set the eggs last night, I grabbed the calendar and saw that hatch fell on Easter weekend! How cool is that? Just by coincidence, my very first chicks ever hatched will be hatched on Easter! I cannot wait for some little Easter chicks! I only hope that since this is my first time it is not an epic fail!

Back
Top Bottom