Hova-Bator Still Air incubator?

GimmeCake

Songster
6 Years
May 8, 2013
I'm thinking about ordering the Hova-Bator Still Air incubator but I'm wondering if it's a concern that's it's a "still air" one. From what I've read the air moves a bit from the air raising through the top and causing air to come in through the bottom, heat up, and come back out of the top, but does this really work? I'm just concerned that it's not enough air flow. It's about $40 more to buy one with a fan, so I'm hoping this one is a good one, but I'd like your opinions on this.

I'm thinking about ordering the Hova-Bator Still Air incubator but I'm wondering if it's a concern that's it's a "still air" one. From what I've read the air moves a bit from the air raising through the top and causing air to come in through the bottom, heat up, and come back out of the top, but does this really work? I'm just concerned that it's not enough air flow. It's about $40 more to buy one with a fan, so I'm hoping this one is a good one, but I'd like your opinions on this.

I am about to go into lockdown on my new Hova bator still air, I have only had one issue and that was with the humidity going to 52% for several hours, don't think it hurt the chicks as they are all rocking in there shells at the moment..
With the next batch I do I wont add water, it seems to stay within the margin 45-50% without anything added, I'll update when I go to lockdown and jack the humidity to 60..
I have not had a problem with keeping the temp within the 101-102 range, even allowing it to go to 100 to get the humidity to drop a bit.

So far I am perfectly happy with the still air, money was an issue for me also and there was some good reviews on the machine.. Will know for sure when and if the chicks hatch.

I have a hovabator still air and I was also concerned about the lack of air flow so I bought a USB computer fan off of eBay and plugged it into a USB wall charger originally used for charging my cell phone. It has worked great. I think it cost about 14 dollars including shipping. The holes for the screws on the computer fan I bought matched up perfectly with the holes on the top of the Hovabator. If you do a YouTube search, there are a couple of videos that show you how to install the fans. I didn't wire mine to the incubator, I just ran the cord across the top of the incubator and out the hole in the edge made for cords. It was quite simple.

I have a hovabator still air and I was also concerned about the lack of air flow so I bought a USB computer fan off of eBay and plugged it into a USB wall charger originally used for charging my cell phone. It has worked great. I think it cost about 14 dollars including shipping. The holes for the screws on the computer fan I bought matched up perfectly with the holes on the top of the Hovabator. If you do a YouTube search, there are a couple of videos that show you how to install the fans. I didn't wire mine to the incubator, I just ran the cord across the top of the incubator and out the hole in the edge made for cords. It was quite simple.

Thats a great idea!! Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom