Hova-Bator vs. Little Giant Which one do you recommend?

chefdkluke

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Valley Center, San Diego
Trying to decide which one to go with. Both have the fan option with auto turner. Kind of like the idea of the genesis Hova-Bator having a preset thermostat. Any input would be great, thanks!

I would go with the hova-bator because the little giant is wat i have and its ok lets just say that it has raised temps by itself and noone touched it and i set 30 eggs and got 3 chicks out of it:he

Hova bator for sure. I have both and have had great hatches with the Hova bator. Probably ready to trash the LG. Waste of money in my opinion.

I would say spend the extra cash and buy a brinsea.. I hate.. HATE my hova-bator..once this hatch is done and hopefully the chicks hatch this time. Its going in my firepit.. nothing but bad luck with the stupid thing.

I would definitely go with the Hova-bator Genesis. I got mine in January and it has been excellent for me! It has never wavered in its temperatures, it's easy to adjust the humidity to what I want, the auto-turner is great, and overall it's simply a very easy incubator. Most of the time I don't even have to do anything at all. I can simply leave it for days and I don't worry at all. It's not as fancy as a Brinsea, but for the price and how many eggs it holds, I must say I'm very pleased with it.
big_smile.png

i have a little giant that I bought used.I just hatched out of it first hatch and out of 24 eggs i put in one was a dud and 22 have hatched. still waiting for 23. not sure if its going to hatch but candled last night and still moving so I like mine.

I just upgraded to a Brinsea from the LG...the LG was the biggest waste of time and money EVER. Some folks have great results, but mine is far too finicky and needs to be monitored around the clock. For someone who works full time, it is just impossible. Between that and the Hova, the Hova has MUCH higher rating and loyalty. I wish I had done better research before starting out and just gone with Brinsea from the get go. Good luck!
wink.png

Just got a Hovabator Genisis and so far I love it! My eggs haven't hatched yet but I only put 3 in to test it out (I bought it used) but so far they are all developing. Super easy! Good price, the Brinsea's are nice but they are expensive I can buy a hovabator w/turner and 30 quail egg that holds 42 (chicken) eggs for $189 when a small Brinsea w/turner that holds only 7 eggs is $149 (shipping factored in). For me the Hovabator made more sense, because I plan on hatching out more then 7 eggs at one. If you are only looking to hatch a small amount though the brinsea would be better it has temp alarm, automatic stop and count-down to hatch day.

Last edited:
Hovabator, hands down! Been using it for 15 years (on my 4th one because I keep selling them... but then deciding to hatch again!) and it's never given me a bad hatch.

I have 6 of 7 due to hatch Sunday, all good so far and I haven't used this incubator in 3 years. Wait, no 7 years. I forgot I bought another, used it, sold it, because this one was in storage in another state. LOL Safe to say use, it, store it for years, and put it right back to use!

Back
Top Bottom