Hova Bator vs. Little Giant

roosterchick

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
I am going to be purchasing an incubator with the automatic turner but am unsure which one would be better, the Little Giant or the Hova Bator. I would like to try to hatch all different sizes of eggs but would like to use only one egg turner. Please advise which is best. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have the Hova bator 1588 Genesis and LOVE it. The temperature is preset so nothing to worry about there. Large viewing window and easy to add water for humidity.

When you say all sorts of eggs do you mean that to include quail and goose? If so I don't know of any one turner that will do it all. You can get the attachments or trays to do quail that can be fitted to the turner but I believe you need a seperate turner to do goose eggs. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Hovabator. Easier to regulate if you get manual wafer thermostat and slightly larger, I believe. I have had many successful hatches with mine and lots are now buying the preset ones. I like to make my own now, though. Much cheaper and better since the sum of the cost of the parts in either Hova or LG isnt much, actually.

I have 3 hovabator 1588's. You can hatch quial, chickens, turkeys, geese, ducks, etc in them. I do suggest the egg turner and if you plan to hatch geese buy the special goose eggs turner and for quail the small racks. After a few days hand turning becomes highly over rated. I would never buy a LG.

Lets put it this way. I have a LG and a Hova bator 1588 Genesis running side by side right now. The pure breeds hatched out this morning so a couple of min ago I pulled the spent cartons and shells out and moved all the mutt eggs over to the Genesis. It recovers faster when opened and holds temp steady as a rock. If I can, soon I will be replacing the LG for a 2nd. Genesis.

The cost differnce between the two pales in comparison to how much better the Genesis runs.

I have an LG w/turner and do like it. However, I have been thinking that the 1588 w/the preset temp would be awesome. The LG turner will fit the 1588 and then I could use my LG for a hatcher. Think I'll ask for that for Mother's Day
wee.gif

Hova... I have a #1583 with turner...easy to maintain your temps and humidity, I didn't have a problem from day one......if you would ever have a mechanical problem easier to fix, got my advice from a wise hatch person on BYC ...Just had my first hatch from this one and 28 out of 32 popped out.....

Sheesh... looks like I may need to look into a new incubator as well.

I have an oooold LG & egg turner from when I was like....10. I've never had a problem with it, and I've always had successful hatches. Good luck 'bator shopping!

Back
Top Bottom