Hova-bator, who has one?

Domestic_goddess

Songster
10 Years
Mar 26, 2009
Utah
I'm doing my first hatch in my hova-bator, model number 2362N circulated air with egg turner. So far I'm not sure I'm liking it, first con for me is that then temps are
fluctuating too much and It's hard to stablize. Do you have any pro or cons, lets hear them?

I have a Genesis, but one of the older ones without the temp. display. I use my Brinseas mostly now, but that incubator has done me a lot of good in the past. Rock solid temperatures and sometimes I fussed with it less than the Brinseas. However the humidity has always been a pain for me.

With that said, the Genesis has an electronic thermostat so is a lot more dependable than other models... I'd wager any incubator without an electronic thermostat will have temperature fluctuations.

So for me, from my experiences at least, the pros have been very solid temperature (various reliable thermometers had mine reading from about 99.3-99.6 at most, and all over the incubator it was consistent), and the biggest con was simply the lack of humidity control. In a dry climate I had to add water all the time just to keep it up. Another con is styrofoam being difficult to clean. I find the thing a little irritating to set, as well. If they made the jump to a more user-friendly interface like in Brinseas and R-Coms, I think it would be a lot better. However, this is probably not relevant to you at all, I suppose, because it is a different model!

Back
Top Bottom