Hovabator 1583, how do you working this fricking wafer temp thing!?

LMAO I literally stood up after posting and went and put some warm water in there. The lights on and its working its magic getting the temp on up again.

I love this forum.
thumbsup.gif

We have about 9 Ameraucauna (EE) eggs, and since we have only one rooster we will have a bunch of mutts. I have brown eggs from my other hens, which are two RIRs, one buff brahma, and 5 columbian rocks.

Here are some pics of the EE's, I just love my rooster, he is so handsome. I hope I get some varied colours with the chicks but as long as the moms pass on their beautiful blue egg colour to their babies, I will be fine with that
smile.png

EE rooster Rick James and his main lady.

42359_003.jpg

Rick James and Buffys butt.

42359_1_rick_james.jpg

Columbian Rock ladies...

42359_004.jpg

Last edited:
I am confused! I have the 1588 Genesis and I thought that the controls for heat were inside under the cover and they were little switches you had to move up and down numbered 1-8 or so.?

Wafers? Screws? Huh?

Quote:
lau.gif

Haha, nah, I have the 1583, you have the slightly superior 1588 model that has the easy temp control. Mine is this wafer thing and you turn the knobby to mess with the temps. I paid too much for it and its an out of date model, but what can you do! I think it is still going to work great. Opening it up, I was shocked it was styrofoam but they sure do feel sturdy!

Quote:
lau.gif

Haha, nah, I have the 1583, you have the slightly superior 1588 model that has the easy temp control. Mine is this wafer thing and you turn the knobby to mess with the temps. I paid too much for it and its an out of date model, but what can you do! I think it is still going to work great. Opening it up, I was shocked it was styrofoam but they sure do feel sturdy!

Superior? I wanted to stomp it many many times. On one the thermostat works backward! But all in all I do like them. You are going to love yours and then you'll get another one and another one...

Quote:
lau.gif

Superior? I wanted to stomp it many many times. On one the thermostat works backward! But all in all I do like them. You are going to love yours and then you'll get another one and another one...

Lol, pardon me, I may have giggled a little. I'm loving mine a bit more now, at least the thermostat is working the proper way!

I swear, I will take a break after this hatch. I will NOT get any eggs off this website and start new hatches when this is done.

Seriously, I wonder how long my resolve will last. I'm already thinking of ways to expand my current coop and build new ones and this batch will fit in my current coop just fine. I just can't wait to see those little fuzz balls, I am going to just die.

I thought people joked about being addicted to hatching and chickens. They aren't! I hope I can find your post when your eggs are hatching. The first time is the best but each time I still get the wonderful euphoria of beautiful little chicks that wouldn't be here without my help.

Back
Top Bottom