HovaBator 1588 Anyone have it??

nikevijo

HorseAholic
14 Years
Apr 20, 2007
Long Island NY
I gave one of my 1588 to my friend to borrow and she filled the wrong section in the tray. She filled the middle instead of the one outside of the middle. She has eggs in at different stages and they are developing. I figured for sure there would be a problem since I think the middle section is smaller and would produce less humidity. Am I right? If she changes the humidity now to the right section will it hurt the eggs?? Ugh I could strange her, lol

Does she have a hygrometer in there? What day are the assorted eggs on, and btw, does she have a plan for dealing with a staggered hatch? She needs to have another incubator for transferring eggs on Day 18.

In other words, got any details?
gig.gif
I could have said all that in 3 words!

I am surprised the eggs are developing with a diff humidity. I as so nervous!! We dont anything to check the humidity. I am going to get something and test to see what the differences are in each trough

the amount of water has little to do with it.. the surface area of the water does..

if the eggs are developing, I do not see why you are uspset... especially if you do not even know what the Hum% is.. for all you might know the hum% might be perfect..

just let it go as is and on the last 3 days ,, raise it regardless..

I have 2 of the 1588 Hovabators and only ever fill the middle part of the tray with water ( except for the last 3 days ) I've never had a problem with my hatches and the reading on the hygrometer is always in the ideal range.

I have one and I fill ALL the trays ALL the time and as day 18 comes, I put an extra thing with HOT water in there and it ups the temp and humidity just right. I agree if you have a staggered hatch, you need something else ready for the day 18 bunch, they will need more humidity than the others and you could drown the others if the humidity raises too much.

Back
Top Bottom